Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Woman Shot in Neck >

Woman Shot in Neck

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Woman Shot in Neck

Old 03-16-2008, 01:41 PM

Default Woman Shot in Neck

This hapened a not far from my home, a good reminderthat we can not be safe enough.
SHOT SAFE!!!

AMarshall County woman had to be airlifted to a Morgantown hospital Thursday night after she was shot with an arrow during an accident at a shooting range.

According to Marshall County Sheriff’s Department deputies, the unidentified 63-year-old-woman was accidentally shot at the Cameron Indoor Bow Range at about 7 p.m. Thursday. Deputies said all shooters on the range at that time had been ordered to hold their fire, as the woman was about to walk in.

Then, as a 14-year-old boy aimed his bow to the floor, it accidentally discharged, the arrow ricocheted off the floor and struck the woman in the neck.

Responding officers said the woman was alert and standing up when they arrived. She told deputies it was an accident.

They said the boy also claimed the shooting was not intentional.

The woman was transported by medical helicopter to Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown where surgeons were scheduled to remove the arrow from her neck.

As of this morning, deputies said they had not received word on the woman’s condition. Deputies also said they did not expect any charges to be filed against the teen.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Woman Shot in Neck

why not jus let the bow down????
Old 03-16-2008, 01:51 PM

ORIGINAL: MdDave

why not jus let the bow down????
if you read they both said it was an accadent and he said it was accadently discharged
Old 03-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

maybe they should have a doorway behind the shooters instead of in front then you won't have to have the shooters stop when someone enters the room . Glad the lady will be alright, probably traumatized both the old lady and the kid
Old 03-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Then, as a 14-year-old boy aimed his bow to the floor, it accidentally discharged, the arrow ricocheted off the floor and struck the woman in the neck.

either he was holdin it back wiatinfor her to pass or he was lettin it down...... im hopin lettin it down an jus not holdin it back aimin at the floor
Old 03-16-2008, 04:14 PM

even if the kid did fire one off accidentally while letting down, I blame the shop owner who places the entrance door down range. How idiotic. Thats like making the entrance to the zoo, through the lion's pit.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:29 PM

Could have been a crossbow. ????
Old 03-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deepzak

Could have been a crossbow. ????
thats calling the glass half empty....could have been anybow the point being is who puts a door in a range down from the shooting line......

that bark could bit ya back ....
Old 03-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with Tembry. The door should be in the opposite direction of fire.

Still it's a terrible story for archers and worth taking note to be safe.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man thats terrible I hope all goes well for her and I feel sorry for the young man that would be hard to live with.

Quick Reply: Woman Shot in Neck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.