Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Should I buy a bow online?? >

Should I buy a bow online??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Should I buy a bow online??

Old 03-14-2008, 04:18 PM

Default Should I buy a bow online??

Been shopping around and shooting various bows. I got a decent feel as to what I would want. I have seen many bows going at good prices on ATforum. I'm not the best with setting up bows, but I've got some buds who are. Would/has anyone bought any from there??? Checked this site's classified -- just not the volume on here. What happpens to the warranties??? I'd love any advice from you guys.

Thanks
Old 03-14-2008, 07:02 PM

Default RE: Should I buy a bow online??

No help for me???
Old 03-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think i would buy a bow online. First off you don't know what you are getting. It could be a peice of crap for all that you know. Second, the warranty is no good. I would just save up and buy a new bow.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:46 PM

I have bought some nice bows online. If you buy any bow used online, there is no warranty. You can find new bows online (like at eBay), but warranty depends on the bow manufacturer. Hoyt bow warranties are automatically voided if purchased off the internet. Most of the high end bow companies (like Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech, PSE Pro Series line, etc.) require that you be the original owner of the bow and you must purchase the bow from an AUTHORIZED dealer. So in most cases, that pretty much eliminates the warranty. I have purchased a newBear bow from eBay, and the warranty was valid. You just need to go read the warranty requirements from the manufacturers. Oh, and don't listen to a lot of people when they say they still have the blank warranty card. In most cases that doesn't mean sh**. Most manufacturers require that you have a proof of purchase receipt in addition to the warranty card. So the warranty still wouldn't be valid.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've bought my last two off of the AT Classifieds, and have had nothing but good dealings. There are a BUNCH of good guys dealing there, with some of the best deals you'll find, and very FEW bad deals that I've known of. If a guy does deal bad, usually he's booted. They also have a "Feedback" section where you can see what kind of dealings guys had.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know my local shop sometimes sells bows on AT. I Bought my GF A bow from ebay, no complaints just be careful and do your homework
Old 03-15-2008, 01:02 AM

I have bought and sold bows on archerytalk.com. I'm still using my matthews legacy. Ask a lot of questions and for pictures. Some guys will tell you if you don't think you got what he said the bow was he will take it back.Talk to Daniel Boone ( screen name). He knows just about everyone that deals on archerytalk. I sold him my matthews fx 4 years ago.I have sold treestands and other supplies also.They are good guys just like me and you. Very good deals to be had.I will never buy a new bow again.Take it to the pro shop and give them 40 bucks to set it up and everyone's happy.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:18 AM

My buddy bought his last bow from online. He was looking for a Matthews Drenalin and it just so turned out that the guy selling it lived only a few miles away. So he was able to call the guy to go over there and see it. He looked it over and ended up buying it. If it were me though, I wouldn't by it otherwise. Even if it were new, becuase buying it online vice a registered dealer from the manufacture automatically voids the warranty and if it's used, like others have stated you really don't know what you are getting yourself into. Although you could end up getting a real good deal? I still pay the extra money to buy from a registered dealer so that I can get the lifetime warranty especially if I'm paying around $700 for it!

Good luck
Old 03-15-2008, 02:01 AM

I just discovered this post on the AT forum

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=656056
Old 03-15-2008, 05:01 AM

I sell used bows on AT all the time.
I take lots of pictures and make sure to point out any blemishes or issues in my posts.

Of course, a used bow does not have a warranty.
A dealer cannot sell new bows for most of the top brands online/mail or phone order. The sale has to take place at the shop.

Whatcha looking for?

Quick Reply: Should I buy a bow online??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.