Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

THINKING RAGE

Old 03-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: THINKING RAGE

Buckmaster your pictures tell all too! A picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not my pics, jsut pics from previous conversations about the rage heads. They do tell the tell though.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:05 PM

I was thinking about using the rage broadheads but i am worried about shooting them thru mesh screens.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im switch'n too rage!
Old 03-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mechanicals is not the choice for mesh, fixed blades only, but you can try whatever you want.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

I am not fond of mechanicals because I prefer my Broadheads to cut on impact instead of open.
Same here.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:14 PM

This debate will "RAGE" on forever.

I dont use rage or any other expandable. The pictures look great and tough to argue with, but this it what it boils down to for me, and I suspect a few others. I get a number of shots at does each year, but I probably only get one chance at that 135-140"+ deer that I am looking for each year.....one chance. I can choose to shoot my Magnus Stingers whom you will be very hard pressed to find any negative info about (penetration, sharpness, blades opening, bone impact, etc) or I could choose to shoot the Rage of which there is a ton of great info and testimonials but also a few question marks (blades opening, penetration, bone impact, etc). Because I get one chance per year, I'm choosing the head with no question marks behind it, rather than watching my buck run away because of a mechanical failure.

If I got more than one chance every year at a trophy buck, you bet I would try the Rage in a second.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Dominant Buck

My guess about 100% of BH "failures" are due to poor shots.

You see MN.....I shoot the Rage for the exact reason you shoot your fixed head. If I get one chance.....I want that one chance to be with a head that inflicts the MAXIMUM damage.

I know which head that is.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I do agree with Jeff, MeanV always seems to bust on rage heads when ever anyone asks about them, why, I don't know! This pic is from a deer I killed late season.... with a rage head 2 blade! I was shooting Slick Tricks since they came out! Lets just say I have had my problems with them and leave it at that! I now shoot the rage 2 blade with the Compound!

I pulled this head out of the tree after it broke ribs going in and out, I cleaned it up, sharpened it and went back in the quiver! This is the 1st head that I could actually do this with! Not change any blades or nothing except clean and sharpen!

" />

This pic was taken moments after I walked up to the deer that went about 30 yards with a blood trail 3 feet wide!

Old 03-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I get one chance.....I want that one chance to be with a head that inflicts the MAXIMUM damage.

I know which head that is.
And which head is that? I mean, come on Jeff, the rage is not the only head that can inflict "maximum damage". I am just saying death by a vital killing shot is just that. How can you improve on that? Unless you just like the sight of vitals hanging out of your kills from a huge hole. LOLI shot Slick Tricks this past season. 3 does, 3 shots, 3 kills. Max 50 yds blood trails. (A blind man could follow) Oh and by the way they are easily resharpened and reusable at $23.00 a pack compared to the Rage at $34.00 or more per pack. I'll stick with what I know will work at a fraction of the cost.

LT

Quick Reply: THINKING RAGE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.