Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

THINKING RAGE

Old 03-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: THINKING RAGE

that will be the #1 head in my quiver this coming deer season ....
Old 03-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Ditto....#1 #2 &#3

And #4-striker #5-striker OR a field tip....
Old 03-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Shimmeringleaves

Can someone clear the air on the setscrew on the rage broadhead? I've heard the threads can bedamaged whenshooting the broadhead and sometimes the blades do not lock properly into the ferrule when put back into a quiver. Are these commentstrue?Ihave been thinking of trying out the 2-blade model this year but am hearingmixed feelings towards these two areas on this broadhead. Thanks again for any information. [align=right]
[/align]
I have not tried to replace the blades on mine. But I have heard that is true, Blade replacement can be difficult with the set screws stripping out.

On the blade retension issue. I solved that by using a rubber band on mine. They open just fin this way and the blades stay put until impact. Some people get by just fine without rubberbands.

Old 03-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Not in that spot I'm not (she wasn't hit with two arrows in that spot).

I could post up the one with the entrails hanging out and the 6" gash in her....(entrance hole....pass thru).....but I don't feel the need.

I often say OMG when I see what these heads can do.

You guys use what you want. I've only butchered 30 or so deer (16 killed by bow and arrow)......and I've never seen a deer shot with a BH that even SNIFFS what these heads are capable of.

I don't see how experience with mechanicals has any place in this issue. THIS head has only been out for a short time. It would be like trying to compare the bows of yesteryear with today's bows. No comparison.
well i use rages, but if i had great success with something else, like it seems what meanv2 has had, i would stick with what im using. but with these pictures from you GMMAT and buckmaster, im glad i use rages
Old 03-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

GMMAT you sound like you know what your talking about and must be one heck of a bowhunter. Im going to use the rages next year for sure. You convinced me that they work. Can you tell me where you found the broadheads with an eight inch cut. Or is that a two inch cut on a smaller deer.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Ditto....#1 #2 &#3

And #4-striker #5-striker OR a field tip....
2 & 3 for me as well ....#4 & #5 for me will be Magnus Stingers ..... they fly just like my fieldpoints ...my favorite COC head
Old 03-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

GMMAT you sound like you know what your talking about and must be one heck of a bowhunter. Im going to use the rages next year for sure. You convinced me that they work. Can you tell me where you found the broadheads with an eight inch cut. Or is that a two inch cut on a smaller deer.
Please tell me your joking....
Old 03-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

ORIGINAL: Shimmeringleaves

Can someone clear the air on the setscrew on the rage broadhead? I've heard the threads can bedamaged whenshooting the broadhead and sometimes the blades do not lock properly into the ferrule when put back into a quiver. Are these commentstrue?Ihave been thinking of trying out the 2-blade model this year but am hearingmixed feelings towards these two areas on this broadhead. Thanks again for any information. [align=right]
[/align]
I have not tried to replace the blades on mine. But I have heard that is true, Blade replacement can be difficult with the set screws stripping out.

On the blade retension issue. I solved that by using a rubber band on mine. They open just fin this way and the blades stay put until impact. Some people get by just fine without rubberbands.

hm i didnt think of that, ill have to do that!

Old 03-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

yep, I was just kidding.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the information jmbuckhunter. I'm trying to find out anything about these heads before I make the decision to try them out this year. But I guess first hand experience will tell youalot about anything. I think one thing needs to be mentioned on the photo's which GMMAT is showing. When a cut is made in the hide, it will stretch open to a certain point. Just as when someone gets a cut on a body part, the wound opens up due to the elasticity of the skin. I've seen some of these pictures GMMAT has shown here on other threads and they are quite impressive.

Quick Reply: THINKING RAGE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.