Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

THINKING RAGE

Old 03-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: THINKING RAGE

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I took this photo after I got her home. I drove pretty much up to her....loaded her up...and drove her home on the ATV.

It is what it is.

did you get a complete pass through on the deer?
Old 03-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

Can someone clear the air on the setscrew on the rage broadhead? I've heard the threads can bedamaged whenshooting the broadhead and sometimes the blades do not lock properly into the ferrule when put back into a quiver. Are these commentstrue?Ihave been thinking of trying out the 2-blade model this year but am hearingmixed feelings towards these two areas on this broadhead. Thanks again for any information. [align=right]
[/align]
Old 03-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 03-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Dominant Buck

She was hit high on the first shot and knocked down. This was the result of the follow up shot.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

The first one I shot with this head, Schultzy.....I shot with a pretty hard quartering away angle. I posted photos of that deer, too.....that made it into several internet boards. When I walked up on her....I remember saying OMG. Her entrails were intact....but protruding and hanging down about 1' out of her body. That entrance would was 6", anyways.

I have no reason to doctor a photo. What you see is what I saw.
Jeff, I know you wouldn't doctor a photo, thats never ever crossed my mind! You know me better then to think that I hope!! I just can't see how its possible to rip a hole open that big with only 2" of cutting diameter. I know the sharp angle will help open it up some being your cutting more of the deer then actually penetrating it or going straight in like a broadside shot would do but to be that long and wide open it seems almost impossible. I'm not doughting what your saying one bit I just wonder what may of happened after you shot her or if the little drag out you did could of possibly caught on something. That has happened to me dragging bear out. Either way they do leave a nice hole.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

She was hit high on the first shot and knocked down. This was the result of the follow up shot.
Your saying that you used 2 arrows?
Old 03-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 03-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

oh well then that would explain it for me
Old 03-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

oh well then that would explain it for me
And not one ofthe 5 pics I posted did?
Old 03-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Not in that spot I'm not (she wasn't hit with two arrows in that spot).

I could post up the one with the entrails hanging out and the 6" gash in her....(entrance hole....pass thru).....but I don't feel the need.

I often say OMG when I see what these heads can do.

You guys use what you want. I've only butchered 30 or so deer (16 killed by bow and arrow)......and I've never seen a deer shot with a BH that even SNIFFS what these heads are capable of.

I don't see how experience with mechanicals has any place in this issue. THIS head has only been out for a short time. It would be like trying to compare the bows of yesteryear with today's bows. No comparison.

Quick Reply: THINKING RAGE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.