Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

THINKING RAGE

Old 03-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: THINKING RAGE

Jeff, I don't Endorse any Head, andI don't need to prove anything to you. I Bowhunt alone and will continue to use what head I prefer to pull out of Stock.
I have not had to track a deer in 5 years. That's all the proof I need.

My reasons for using a certain type of heads is based on 40 years hunting experience. I don't really care if that impresses you or not. I wasn't trying to, but it does tell me what has worked for me. I would bet a weeks wages I've killed deer with more different Broadheads than you have ever even had screwed on your arrow[8D]

Dan

Old 03-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

Didn't have any luck with rage broadheads, in fact the only rage I had was my temper, hit bone both times. Bent the tip on both broadheads. But if I ever shot a deer a little far back I would want the rage on the end of my arrow. I have seen the damage it can do and its grusome. Its the best bad shot broadhead on the market if its not bone.
Hummm??

Dan
Old 03-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

Can someone clear the air on the setscrew on the rage broadhead? I've heard the threads can bedamaged whenshooting the broadhead and sometimes the blades do not lock properly into the ferrule when put back into a quiver. Are these commentstrue?Ihave been thinking of trying out the 2-blade model this year but am hearingmixed feelings towards these two areas on this broadhead. Thanks again for any information.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Then why do you feel the need to come into EVERY Rage thread denouncing mechanicals. Doesn't sound like someone so confident. Sounds like someone who wants to say "My way's better than yours".

I look forward to meeting you in '09. You don't know how much.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

i love my rages, they dont lie, they fly just like a field tip!
Old 03-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

People need to know both sides of the Story. Is that wrong?[&:]

O if your wondering Bowtech does not have a deal with the Broadheads I use either

Thought that might save you starting another thread

Dan
Old 03-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Based on your ideas on moving parts, Dan....you might as well be shooting traditional gear. Less moving parts ya know???? Or....has technology gotten past some of the ridiculous notions of years past?

I don't know what you have against these heads.....but you always seem to jump into these (RAGE) threads spewing negativity towards mechanicals.

Tell ya what.....I'll show you an undoctored photo of a RAGE shot doe. Then you show me one of yours.

Here's mine.......whatya got???

I'm guessing that slice is 8 to 9 inches at least. How can that be possible with a 2" cutting diameter?
Old 03-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Dominant Buck

The first one I shot with this head, Schultzy.....I shot with a pretty hard quartering away angle. I posted photos of that deer, too.....that made it into several internet boards. When I walked up on her....I remember saying OMG. Her entrails were intact....but protruding and hanging down about 1' out of her body. That entrance would was 6", anyways.

I have no reason to doctor a photo. What you see is what I saw.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Based on your ideas on moving parts, Dan....you might as well be shooting traditional gear. Less moving parts ya know???? Or....has technology gotten past some of the ridiculous notions of years past?

I don't know what you have against these heads.....but you always seem to jump into these (RAGE) threads spewing negativity towards mechanicals.

Tell ya what.....I'll show you an undoctored photo of a RAGE shot doe. Then you show me one of yours.

Here's mine.......whatya got???

god i know rages leave some huge holes when you stick one, but are you sure you didnt open this one up a little more when dragging the deer
Old 03-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Dominant Buck

I took this photo after I got her home. I drove pretty much up to her....loaded her up...and drove her home on the ATV.

It is what it is.

Quick Reply: THINKING RAGE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.