Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anonymous Poll:  Do you lie? >

Anonymous Poll: Do you lie?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, if the situation is right, I'll tell a fib to keep my areas safe.
45.60%
I tell the whole truth all the time
6.40%
I carefully choose my words and avoid "spilling the beans" w/o "lying"
48.00%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Anonymous Poll: Do you lie?

Old 03-15-2008, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anonymous Poll: Do you lie?

To all you people that say why lie about it. I'll tell you why I do. I hunt bear in Northern Minnesota on public land. We've got wanna be bear guides coming out of the wood work up there. We've done fairly well up there bear hunting and when they find that out there right on your trail trying to invade your little area and push you out trying to make hunting miserable for you. This has happened so many times it makes me fricking sick!! Some of you folks knocking some of us down for lieing about our hunting spots shouldn't be so quick do judge in some cases!! If I didn't fib a little I wouldn't have a bear hunting spot anymore. If I didn't have a pair of nuts and stand up against some of these bear hunting guides, I wouldn't have a spot to bear hunt anymore, they don't have much luck with me!! You go put your time in like I have and earn your animal, don't leech off of someone else's success is what I've said to the so called bear guides in the area I hunt, there not all like this but allot of them are! Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with helping someone or a stranger out on there own spot, I've done this bear hunting many times. I would do anything possible to help a fellow hunter in pursuing what he is after on his own hunting ground or area.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fran where do you come up with this stuff?
There is only 2 people that knows what happens whwn I 'm in the woods. I don't tell some of the people in my group about what I see anymore because it is hunter nature to try and hone in on other peoples success.I have 2 guys that always try bumping me out of the area I shot my bucks out of the last 2 years.So since it is muy land I gave everybody a chunk to hunt and they had to stay in that area and away from me.
It sounds kind of mean to do that to my buddies but if they would put in the time and the effort like I do they could find their own sweet spot.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lier!!! [8D]
ORIGINAL: Tuco

But you got enourmously fat fingers and that ain't no lie.

>>>BAM<<<
ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Exactly!!
ORIGINAL: Tuco

Like you always say: "Nothing wrong with lying, as long as you are honest about it".

>>>BAM<<<
ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

At one time in my life i was a professonal lier just ask Tuco [8D]But then again i may be lie'ing
Old 03-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

Loose lips sink ships as the saying goes. My hunting and fishing hot spots are only revealed to my close outdoor buddies. If I have to spend hours or days trying to figure something out, then the others who are asking should do the same........or at least try.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

There's a guy that usually waits on my dad and I to come out of the woods first because he sits up closer to the house. He gets down when he sees us walking to the house and he always meets us at the gate. The conversation, no matter how much action we saw all day, usually goes like this:

Him: "Well, did ya see anything?"
Us: "Nope, not a damn thing, haven't seen squat all year and probably won't"

It's just a white lie...
Old 03-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I do!!! and proud of it!!! Its dog eat dog if you hunt state land here in PA. I hunt both State and private!

Hatchet Jack