Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My high fence experience >

My high fence experience

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My high fence experience

Old 03-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My high fence experience

ORIGINAL: Okieboy

Well, it WAS a pretty good thread until the "I know everything", egotistical losers got involved......We really don't care WHAT your thoughts are on this. We're just amazed that you HAVE thoughts.......so bite me, banana boy.
Leave your Internet balls at the door, I could be your neighbor and thats not how us big boys talk to one another.
I find stomping chicks on the day after Easter more rewarding than the unchallenged slaughter of hand feed deer. The two day old chicks still have some natural instincts to run when the killing starts.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would like to hear more about opportunities to shoot polar bears at a zoo. I've always wanted to go polar bear hunting, but have heard that they can be really dangerous, and I am afraid of bears in general. So, it would be a wonderful confidence boost for me if i could shoot one in a cage. []

And don't knock Easter chick stomping until you have tried it. I'm a real traditionalist in that I refuse to wear shoes or boots while doing it.[&:]
Old 03-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Spike

I'm not a big fan of high fenced hunts either...it just isn't hunting...but some people pay good money for those hunts and that is how some people make a living...its no different than a person that runs a farm for the animals to be slaughtered...and this guy was at least kind enough to donate some of the meat to the community...i think there are probably worse people out there my firend...just my thought on the topic.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Okie, it looks like that opened your eyes a bit to those operations. I have a friend who hunted in Texas recently and he said that method of hunting was to drive along on a mule with a sack of corn on the road. Follow the road out dropping corn every 10 yards or so until the bag is gone. Complete the circuit and walk the road back out and shoot the deer that have come into feed on the corn you just put out. Sounds more like a walk with a gun than a hunt to me.

BTW, did your guide said what happened to the $10K deer that the client left? Does it go to a taxidermist and get sent to the client or what?
Old 03-14-2008, 11:44 AM

IMHO Some high fence experiences are true hunts and some like yours aren't hunting at all. Now culling does in the herd wasn't really expected to be a true hunt ever in this story the way I see it. And if the this place caters to shooting instead of hunting then probably doesn't have much call for true hunting then you have to expect all the decadent stuff too. It might be interesting once you get to know the operation as to how large the acreage is if you can do a hunt.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

Okieboy,
Obviously you haven't been on here much. There are a lot of opinions on this forum, and a lot of disagreements. But guess what, your opinions are just as important as anyone elses, and if you disagree, then keep your's to yourself. If you post on here and expect everyone to fall in behind you, you probably need to go somewhere else. Don't get me wrong, I encourage you to be a good member of this forum, but if you want to insult other people intelligence just because they disagree with something you did, take it elsewhere, because it's not welcome here. Just so you know, there are a lot of HUNTERS on here who disagree with high fence hunting, myself being one of them, and you should expect a post on this topic to generate a lot of speaking out against high fence hunting. Stick around, you'll learn.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:14 PM

High fence hunting is for ppl that don t know how to hunt.In other words rookies or sadists
Old 03-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

while i don't agree with the fact they are using a fence to contain the once wild life, i don't no think that harsh reprarations are to be dealt upon okieboy, he said that he didn't enjoy the killing
Old 03-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I find stomping chicks on the day after Easter more rewarding than the unchallenged slaughter of hand feed deer. The two day old chicks still have some natural instincts to run when the killing starts.
And don't knock Easter chick stomping until you have tried it. I'm a real traditionalist in that I refuse to wear shoes or boots while doing it.[&:]
This is good stuff though. Great reading.

Quick Reply: My high fence experience

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.