Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HF Hunting...."Real-World" >

HF Hunting...."Real-World"

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HF Hunting...."Real-World"

Old 03-14-2008, 05:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: HF Hunting...."Real-World"

Hell don't think I didn't think about going at one time. We talked about it here in the forum at the time. I made the right decision for ME.

BRY....I'm gonna tell ya (and yes...I saw the JH footage)....this is a LOT better than that (I think it's close to 200 acres).....but there IS one portion of the DVD when you see a deer fleeing (or attempting to)....and the fence comes into the screen's view. I can't tell ya how that made me feel. It was ....and I'm not joking.....a little sickening.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

GR8atta2dmakes a very valid point. These animals are not wild and have been bred for a very specific reason. I have been on a HF hunt myself once for hogs. I felt very dirty after and would not go on another again. However, it is legal and while I do not care for it, some people are willing to pay the $$$ for a living room decoration. IMO, you just have accept these type of hunts for what they are and make personal choices about if you would ever participate in something like this. I am sure PETA would love to shut this operations down as well, plus it would give them a great foot hold for attacking the rest of hunting world.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:32 AM
Dominant Buck

GR8atta2dmakes a very valid point. These animals are not wild and have been bred for a very specific reason. I have been on a HF hunt myself once for hogs. I felt very dirty after and would not go on another again. However, it is legal and while I do not care for it, some people are willing to pay the $$$ for a living room decoration. IMO, you just have accept these type of hunts for what they are and make personal choices about if you would ever participate in something like this. I am sure PETA would love to shut this operations down as well, plus it would give them a great foot hold for attacking the rest of hunting world.
Hey KB....I disagree with NOHING you said. Very well put. I'm just stating how it made me feel......to actually see it. Nothing more. You are, of course.....correct.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

But I also look at it like when you see a trained grizzly or a circus lion. Doesn't it kinda tear you up to know what that creature is REALLY capable of?
Well if you remember my post from Saturday..about the circus and PETA protesting they agree with you, or you with them. (That outta get us through the day)
Old 03-14-2008, 05:39 AM
Dominant Buck

I didn't say it should be illegal. I said it saddens me.

But you knew that. You can put your pot stirring stick away.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wait I want to get my stick out for one last try

[blockquote]quote:

The archery business is a slimy thing. Anyone who's been around it knows that. There are some absolutely ruthless people out there sucking up every available penny, with no regard for the customer whatsoever.[/blockquote]

How petty! Just don't buy their stuff!

Sorry Buddy it's Friday
Old 03-14-2008, 05:46 AM
Dominant Buck

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Next.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Its about the assclowns that go to these places, We don't need laws or permits,even legislation is not the answer, its peer pressure if any thing ,that will end this ridiculous practice.

What the hell kind of man thinks any thing resembling respect should be given to anyone capable of murdering a tame animal entrapped in a pen and then call ita trophy. The only thing I find more despicable is a slime ball that takes his kid to slay his first buck.

Gov.Spritzer is eye candy, and a real ladies man also.[:-]

edit, type it out Jim, it's assclown, not a$$clown.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

And a complete misuse of a natural resource.
As long as they are in a high fence, it isn't really a natural resource. Thats why none of the "books" recognize them. That being said, I would NEVER be proud of a high fence kill. JMO, but they are technically livestock. That's one way I think MN has an edge on states like Texas (not to pick on anybody by any means, its just a place I have been), we may not have as many big bucks, but our captive deer are considered livesock.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff here are pics of a friend of mine and his dad and grandads deer that they killed in Ohio this season. I believe they paid a total of about $14,000 for all three. He described the place as a 700 acre farm but once he got back and the details emerged it was hardly that big and it didn't really matter because they keep all of the food troughs in a certain area anyway and after seeing the video of their hunt I couldn't understand what the point was. The deer run along the fence and hide in clumps of cover until someone wals or drives up and gets them moving.

The bucks have colored rings on their racks(not the ones in the pics)which indicateshis size / price and a "guide" sits with the "hunters" and glasses the deer and tells their price(which they negotiated on sometimes in the video), it was all bad. I asked my buddy why he didn't justsend them the money and have them mail him the mounted buck of his choice, hell he would have saved on gas and for an extra $20 or $30they would have probably included a BS hunting tale to tell all of his friends admiring themount in his den. Now in his defense his dad and grandad are older and have never killed anything this size so I guess he was happy seeing them taking animals of this caliber (no matter how). Not for me[:'(].

Quick Reply: HF Hunting...."Real-World"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.