Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Favorite Kind of Meat? >

Favorite Kind of Meat?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Favorite Kind of Meat?

Old 03-14-2008, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Favorite Kind of Meat?

Anybody ever eaten "salmon fed bear" Brown bear in Alaska in the fall. I have heard they define wild tasting.?.?.?.

BTW: for those who care, I love black bear, too!
Old 03-14-2008, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mnbirddog

ORIGINAL: MeanV2
Antelope the worst.[:'(]

Dan
Can you cancel my order for the string supressor?

J/K Seriously though, I still love but cant get over how opposite some people's opinion is. I love it. I couldn't imagine a better cut than a grilled anteolpe steak... Is it the different taste, or the different antelope???
I only went Antelope hunting one time. A friend and I went to WY. We both killed one, and after I was home and tried to eat the Back straps I about gagged. I thought maybe it was just my Goat, but when I asked my buddy a month or so later what he thought about it. He said he had fed it to his Dog. I never was fond of Mutton although I can eat it. I'll just stick with Black AngusWe all have different tastes I am sure. If we didn't they could just make one flavor soda pop

Black Bear is extremely Good!!

Dan
Old 03-14-2008, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Since you didn't say it has to be wild. I'd stick with black angus.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:06 AM

BobCo I wasn't going to say it, but since you did make it X2
Old 03-14-2008, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mnbirddog

Antelope the worst.[:'(]

Dan
Can you cancel my order for the string supressor?

J/K Seriously though, I still love but cant get over how opposite some people's opinion is. I love it. I couldn't imagine a better cut than a grilled anteolpe steak... Is it the different taste, or the different antelope???
I only went Antelope hunting one time. A friend and I went to WY. We both killed one, and after I was home and tried to eat the Back straps I about gagged. I thought maybe it was just my Goat, but when I asked my buddy a month or so later what he thought about it. He said he had fed it to his Dog. I never was fond of Mutton although I can eat it. I'll just stick with Black AngusWe all have different tastes I am sure. If we didn't they could just make one flavor soda pop

Black Bear is extremely Good!!

Dan
Alright, I'll let that pass. Just send me my SS already
Old 03-14-2008, 06:25 AM

By far a good cut of beef, and having it prepared correctly certainly doesn't hurt. I have had elk, bear, moose, bison and others and really didn't care for them that much. Edible yes, but the best meat I have had? Not really. Corn fed deer is about the closest I have had to beef. Now if you go up north, or out west deer really doesn't taste that great to me. Seems to have a stronger game taste at least to me.

The best wild game I have had is by far pheasant. Absolutely love it.

I really like meat, and good meat you can eat plain. Maybe some butter and salt but that's it. When I hear someone say a particular meat is good then you tell them you don't care for it they tell you it wasn't cooked right. They go on and on about how you have to season it with this and marinate it with that and cook it with onions or some other taste masking herb or vegetable. If I can't take it out of the package slap it on the grill and eat it then it doesn't taste good to me. Dog doesn't taste bad if you cook it right, but I certainly wouldn't consider it good meat.

My opinion anyway.

Paul
Old 03-15-2008, 06:47 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Antelop is awful but I could have a steady diet of moose, elk, deer, turkey, squirrel, wild hogs, and frog legs.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

I have had Bison, Elk, and of course deer, I think the Elk steak I had was the best.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:59 PM

rabbit,yellow tail flounder,hadock small ones,bluefin raw
Old 03-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its hard to beat either venison backstraps or tenderoins.

Quick Reply: Favorite Kind of Meat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.