Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What would you do? >

What would you do?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you do?

Old 03-13-2008, 05:01 PM

Default RE: What would you do?

If there if it where me and they where screwing me up and they werent supose to be there I wouldnt steal them I would cut them up in little peices and leave them at the base of the tree.I am not saying its right but sorry thats just me and my temper and if i new where they lived i would put them in there front yard .I have never stole anything
Old 03-13-2008, 05:11 PM

Cut the stands down, whole tree in all
Old 03-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

call the landowner!
Old 03-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Dominant Buck

You know, poachers and things do effect our hunting. It's a shame, but they're there. You can turn them in if you're positive and it won't bring harm to you or yours. BUT, I figured out long ago I couldn't really blame my failures on the actions of others. IF they're there(could be legal even) and they're cutting you off a couple thoughts come to mind. My first is you're educating deer by over hunting stands etc and driving them to these guys... or two, make a new plan... or 3, all the above. I only blame myself and the bowhunting GODS for my failures. I'm in the same fix, I'm hunting for a new piece of woods a little more away from it all. If these stands are close to yours it's even possible they're hunting yours when you aren't around.

P.S. Just thinking of stealing someones stands from land that's not yours is so low class. Don't get me started on that.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: chrissea14

Cut the stands down, whole tree in all
haha thought about that

Alright everyone thanks for most of your responses. Ill let you know what I decide to do.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:44 PM

I would contact the owner of the land so they can deal with it. If that did not work i would contact the game warden when i knew they were there.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:21 AM
Typical Buck

Well, only you really know(really) if they legitimately belong there or not. Maybe you're not sure if they do or not. Either way it's not up to you to kick them off. If it was me, and I knew for sure that they weren't supposed to be there, my first move would be to put some no trespassing/no hunting signs on their stand trees, so they know that someone else knows they are there. That may be enough to get them out of there. I would also be trying to get in touch with the landowner, via registered mail, as of right now. The landowner may dictate your next move, giving you written permission to be a steward for their land in their absence. Even if they dont give you permission to hunt it, they may give you permission to keep others out. Problem solved, no?
Old 03-14-2008, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are they tresspassing or poaching? Big difference in what you can do. If they are poaching, shooting deer out of season, after hours, illegal weapons, contact the law. They are equiped to handle it and will be more than willing. If they are tresspassing, about all you can do is notifiy the land owner and let him handle it. I do find it funny that you know exactly what kind of stands they have and where they are located. Do you have permission to be on this property? If not,you are just as guilty as they are. Also, don't even think about stealing their stands. Again, that just makes you just as bad as they are.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:57 AM
Fork Horn

I agree, contact the landowner. I know around here it seems like half the landowners will say take the stands down (don't take them either way) and the other half say they may not have permission, but the LO doesn't care. Whatever you decide to do... Think first about how it will affect yourself and other legitemant hunters. Don't do anything that will close off another private land. Many of us know any kind of fued -no matter who is "right" -will sour a private land owner, and discourage them from ever letting anybody hunt on there property again. ALWAYS respect (contact in this case) the land owner FIRST!!! PLEASE!
Old 03-14-2008, 02:54 PM

or you could put human urine and human hair all around there stands either thing is free use alot they won t see anything go to the barbur shop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.