HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   There struttin and Gobblin (pics) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/237186-there-struttin-gobblin-pics.html)

bloodcrick 03-13-2008 06:16 AM

There struttin and Gobblin (pics)

Well on my way home from work this morning around daylight, i decided to drive through my lease <<(i know bad word :eek:) and listen for some birds since it was in the fifty degree range this morning. They were going crazy ;)so i went home and expected to here them behind the house :eek:well i was dissapointed to here nothing because i see them everyday. so into the shower i go, get out and get ready for some shut eye. I walk through the dining room and a black mass catches my eye out in the field :)Its three strutters and seven hens now im pumped. since i hand out here the most and bow hunt these critters i though i would post some pics here to get you guys stirred up :Denjoy!! peace out...blood
pic through spotting scope

with camera only

BOWCHIEF 03-13-2008 06:32 AM

RE: There struttin and Gobblin (pics)

I don't know but I think it's going to be a few days before they start strutting here in NY. Maybe I just can't see them beyond my 42 inch fence and that white stuff.:D

buckeyehntr5 03-13-2008 06:32 AM

That'll get ya pumped. Man! I can't wait!

npockat32 03-13-2008 06:32 AM

Cool Pics! Saw the same thing on the way to work yesterday morning expect there is still over a foot of snow on the ground here in WI. It looked neat big gobblers all struted out in the snow. I will have to get some pics this week hopefully.

Anyways, thanks for getting my stirred up:D:D

wallhangr 03-13-2008 06:35 AM

Was over 70 here yesterday and they were out everywhere. Forgot to put batteries in my bino's with the camera though.:(

louddrummer69 03-13-2008 07:02 AM

Seeing a pic like that gets my heart a thumpin'. I've been trying to keep myself busy ice fishing but can't wait to have the bow, blind and camo on again. April 21st needs to hurry up!

Rory/MO 03-13-2008 07:02 AM

woo im gettin pumped!

Rob/PA Bowyer 03-13-2008 07:03 AM

Thanks blood, cool pics. Haven't heard the gobble here yet, haven't seen a strutter either although after work yesterday my neighbor let me know he's hearing hens in the hollow where I do my best work and the other day I was shooting my bow in my back yard and heard hens, I simply smiled!:D

twildasin 03-13-2008 07:06 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Thanks blood, cool pics. Haven't heard the gobble here yet, haven't seen a strutter either although after work yesterday my neighbor let me know he's hearing hens in the hollow where I do my best work and the other day I was shooting my bow in my back yard and heard hens, I simply smiled!:D
I cant imagine you got Turkeys around your house there in the city![8D]

Hunter Dan7 03-13-2008 07:10 AM

Ive been seeing some struttin quite often when im coming home from school, but it isnt on my land. But i havent been to my hunting land in a while to check it out, going to have to do that soon.