Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech questions >

Bowtech questions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech questions

Old 03-13-2008, 04:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bowtech questions

ORIGINAL: peakrut

I HCA High Country jeff? Not sure what the A is for.
What the heck you up so late or early for?
Here you go Tony, and it's a tough one

High Country Archery
Old 03-13-2008, 04:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

So where we at this morning??

If we quit buying Bowtechs will the price come down? Or will they have to increase cost to make up for dwindling sales?

I know right now I could get a steal on an H2 Hummer but the Little Volkswagon Beetles prices are climbing like crazy.

Did the Hummers get cheaper to make?
Did the VW somehow become harder?

Hmmmmm
Old 03-13-2008, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

PA buck_hntr: Most claimant's/plaintiff's attorneys charge a contingent fee - which is free service unless you win. Usually 33 1/3% comes out of the jackpot. Free.Imagine that. If medical condition is in issue, sometimes theclientsmust front the deposition fee for their medical witness and pay for transcripts/records.

For defense/domestics/criminal work, where contingency fees are not permitted (by law), the cost ranges from $50/hr for a small firm junior-levelassociate to $500+/hr for one of the top attorneys in any particular specialty.

Flat-fees for basic wills - the going rate is $100 around here. Happy now. Considering that your average doctor charges $2000/hr for a medical deposition, I'd say those rates are pretty fair, but they can definitely get to be a little excessive on the top end.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Jeff: All those HCA bows came with 8125 strings on them. I can assure you of that. I know because I asked. I know the whole story, as do a few others.

By the way: That's hilarious that you'd rush to the defense of Exxon-Mobil. LMAO "Record Profits." Do you know what profits are, Jeff? You were defining them for us just a minute ago. That's before tax, and after expenditures. 39.5 Billion in 2007. We represent a chain of local grocery stores - and let me tell ya - they ain't makin' 39.5 Billion dollars. LMAOThat's hysterical.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/01/business/01cnd-exxon.html

Face it,Jeff - this is an argument that you simply cannot win. Everybody here sees it.

And, as you say - the customer has the ultimate right of refusal - that's why we're having this discussion. I'm not shy about pointing out that "right" to my fellow consumers. Personally, I'd swim through a river of broken glass before I ever gaveadollar to any ofthose people. I refuse to contribute to it - and THAT scorches you. LOL
Old 03-13-2008, 06:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Nothing scorches me, Fran. It's actually pretty funny that someone thinks they have a "Right" to know how much profit a company is making.

You brought up Exxon because you knew it was highly prejudicial. Anyone with half a computer brain can discern those weren't NET profits. The ratio/percentage of profits to expenditures is probably pretty close to your local grocer. People think we make a killing....but if I'm lucky enough to keep 2% of the 8-15% of profits we try to show on the books......we've done a stellar job as a company. See....out of our "Record, Windfall Profits" we have to pay overhead, FICA, 401K matches, health insurance premiums, etc..., etc..., etc.........just like comapnies like Exxon. They didn't get to KEEP that much money. Hell that's like saying I made $______ last year. Yeah....but now let's take out the gov't's part, health ins., etc..., etc..., etc...

Do you know what "statistics" are? That "Record, Windfall Profit" is a statistic. It falls right in line on the Democratic stump behind lies, damn lies.......and isn't far behind the scare tactics RE: the Repub's stealing old people's Social Security......and old people having to eat cat food to be able to afford their medications.

You see, Fran.....what you and the Libs want to project as "Profits" are merely "Earnings". You forget (conveniently)the expenditures.

It's a prejudicial LIE. And again, though.....you knew that.

......................................or I HOPE you did.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:05 AM
Bartender

DUH@me[:@]
ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: peakrut

I HCA High Country jeff? Not sure what the A is for.
What the heck you up so late or early for?
Here you go Tony, and it's a tough one

High Country Archery
Old 03-13-2008, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, a Profit doesn't become a Profit until expenditures are deducted. This shouldn't come as "news" to a guy who was giving us the definition of "Profit" a few pages back.

$40 Billion dollars. That's what Exxon POCKETED after expenditures. Their gross income was in the neighborhood of $100 Billion. Total revenues clocking in around $400 Billion. 10% profits.
http://www.smartmoney.com/eqsnaps/index.cfm?story=financials&symbol=XOM

Their CEO just retired to the tune of $400 Million Dollars.

Keep pullin' that lever, Jeff. LOL

I know I'm not the only one around here who'd LOVE tohear aboutthe profits raked in by every major archery gear manufacturer. That way, I'd really know who's raking the consumer (and who's not).
Old 03-13-2008, 07:20 AM
Dominant Buck

10%......see there ya go. How many businesses make 10% profit? A lot.

If you get past the inflammatory #'s (billions)......it's a 10% profit (I'll take your word for it). Why didn't you word it that way if you knew the numbers?

And out of these profits the US Gov't will expect them to keep up with demand.....even though the tree-hugging party won't allow any more refineries to be built.....OR for us to tap enormous resources we have on US soil.

You keep pulling THAT lever and keepcrying about gas prices and oil companies "windfall profits". Doesn't make much sense, to me.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey heres another Question since someone mentioned arrows.

I could easily with a pretty small investment (tooling) manufacture my own arrows out of Aircraftquality 6061 alloy (boy is that a catch-phrase lol).

I could do it MUCH cheaper than anyone else and easily guarantee straightness tothe nthdegree. After all, all the arrows of the same size come off 1 line and they are sorted at final inspection for straightness and what you pay .001 $$$$ .003 $$$ .005 $$

Now what would increase my cost, probably considerably, is liability..so what ~I'd need a team of Lawyers? [8D]

Lawyers and insurance..would probably force me to be priced right up there with everyone else?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:27 AM
Dominant Buck

What machine are you using to produce these? How much did it cost? Cost of the facility you'r ebuilding them in? Cost of your time? Cost of your workers (mass production)? Taxes? Operational costs? Advertising?

Heck it goes on and on......

What kills me is a man who thinks he DESERVES to know what another man is making.....whenthe entrepreneur is taking ALL THE RISK. Thats SO laughable.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

What machine are you using to produce these? How much did it cost? Cost of the facility you'r ebuilding them in? Cost of your time? Cost of your workers (mass production)? Taxes? Operational costs? Advertising?

Heck it goes on and on......

What kills me is a man who thinks he DESERVES to know what another man is making.....whenthe entrepreneur is taking ALL THE RISK. Thats SO laughable.
All at my disposal..Aluminun costs are at $1.4562 a pound today (VERY HIGH) and I could get the finished product at a conversion cost well under $3 a pound (sorry actual numbers confidential )

How many arrows can a pound of aluminum make [:-]

Quick Reply: Bowtech questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.