Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mystery solved

Old 03-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mystery solved

Well boys and girls the mystery with my 101st has been solved

The reason it was difficult to shoot is because it was only getting about 50% let-off
Reason why- The Qad rope was tied to close to the cable guard ( too high up on the cable)- which put the cables in a bind and reduced the let-off 65lbs was letting off to about 30lbs -
Spent two hours over at the archery shop tonight- and after moving and shifting the rope and a call to bowtech - it draws smoothly and I know I have let-off and it holds solid on spot
To save others time the rope was tied in about 3.5 inches below the bottom of the Qad -
So I will be decking it out for hunting and trying a bust a bird's behind in about 30 days

Old 03-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Mystery solved

Another reason why the Limbdriver is an exceptional rest. It's activated by the limb movement, not tied to a cable.

Frank, I'm pleased you got that worked out and we appreciate you sharing that human error part of the equation. The 101 is an exceptional bow and I'm glad to hear your happy with it.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Fork Horn

I have heard that tying the limbdriver to the limbs makes the bow a little louder and have heard of people putting silencers on the string have you witnessed this? I want to buy one and am shooting a WB right now but I think the limbdriver may be a better fit for me.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: AZHuntr

I have heard that tying the limbdriver to the limbs makes the bow a little louder and have heard of people putting silencers on the string have you witnessed this? I want to buy one and am shooting a WB right now but I think the limbdriver may be a better fit for me.
I can guarantee you the Limb Driver did Not make any of my Bows louder. I am sure I would notice it on the Guardian if it did. I have silencers on the cord, but just because they were handy, and I figured why not. It was not because of anything I was trying to quiet down. I also heard a rumor they slow your arrow down 10 fps. What BS!! The limb Driver is the simplest, most consistent Dropaway rest I have setup.

Dan
Old 03-12-2008, 04:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Does Bowtech (the company) have a relationship with the company that makes the limbdriver?

Honest question. Let's hear it staff guys.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: AZHuntr

My Marquis has a Limbdriver and it is very quiet. I don't have any string silencer on it other than the factory string stopper. I'm curious, where did you hear that it makes a bow louder?
Old 03-12-2008, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

The funny thing after hearing about the LD on here I was in mid-process last night and that exact thought popped into my head - wished I had a limb driver and may wind up with one anyway - are they hard to install?
Old 03-12-2008, 05:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not at all. It was so much easier than any other drop away I've used. The cord doesn't have to be served into the down cable. No press is needed, I was done in a few minutes and shooting.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Brknarrow1970

The funny thing after hearing about the LD on here I was in mid-process last night and that exact thought popped into my head - wished I had a limb driver and may wind up with one anyway - are they hard to install?
Brknarrow, did you have any issues installing the QAD other than the cable mishap? I know Jeff found that some serious modification would be needed to install it on his 82nd. I was wondering if that was the case with all of the new Bowtechs or just the 82nd. Thanks

Quick Reply: Mystery solved

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.