Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Has anyone made a Trail cam lock Box?? >

Has anyone made a Trail cam lock Box??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has anyone made a Trail cam lock Box??

Old 03-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default Has anyone made a Trail cam lock Box??

I have several differentmake and modeltrail cams I want to setup on heavily hunted public land and I am afraid theft of camera will happen.I am wondering if anyone on here has made some sort of protection box out of steel or aluminium for there cameras and if so please describe,pictures would help.The ones I have found only lock top of camera to tree and does not protect camera housing from beingvandalised or other damage.I think my 2 gb memory cards insideare worth more than cameras are.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Has anyone made a Trail cam lock Box??

i have thought about this also but never made one . i would think you could make a steel box around one to protect it . I think one of the camera co. makes a bear proof box ,not sure who?
Old 03-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't use a lock box, I fasten chain to mine somehow.....I have a cuddeback and a stealthcam, both I setup so with some nice chain that would be fairly difficult to get loose less you happen to be carrying the right tools.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

I have been using a steel plate with locking cablethat fits through slot where attatchment strap would go.This works except the slot is part of theplastic housing you could probably twist it in circles and snap it off.I have a few designs Im drawing up on CAD and I will try and start makingone this weekend.I will post how it turns out in about a week or so.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:31 AM

I HAVE MADE SEVERAL....SEVERAL MORE IN THE WORKS... THE FIRST ONES I MADE USING PDF AND COVERING THAT IN TIN AND THEN CAMO TAPE. THEY SEEM TO WORK GOOD. SOME OF THE ONES IN THE MAKING ARE USED STEEL BOX'S. I GOT SEVERAL FOR FREE. THEY ARE AN OLD DESIGN THAT ISN'T USED ANYMORE BY THE POWER COMPANY. I SEEN SEVERAL MADE IN STANLESS STEEL. BUT WHEN YOU WORK WITH HEAVY METAL IT'S HARD TO CUT AT TIMES.I'LL TRY AND POST PICTURES LATER.