HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   08 Commander (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/236927-08-commander.html)

Brknarrow1970 03-11-2008 12:11 PM

08 Commander

Wanted to post this here since this is where the most activity occurs, mods if you need to move it -I understand

Has anyone shot an 08 Commander - I just got my 07 back on Sunday and think it is one of the top three bows I have ever shot - perfect balance of speed and smoothness-

My concern is it is smoother than the 101st and joy to shoot - do you think the more I shoot the 101st the more comfortable I will become - My thinking now is if the 08 commander is as sweet as my 07 - I should just trade the 101st while it is still new- still has the tags on it and I shot it about ten times last night - but it takes some effort compared to the other----the draw length is short on it as well waiting on the modules - If I switch them think I will see a huge difference

GMMAT 03-11-2008 12:39 PM

RE: 08 Commander

Are you gonna hunt with it, Frank?

If you need a pure HUNTING bow (and you're gonna shoot targets witht he '07 commander)......trade the 101st or.........

BUY AN ALLEGIANCE

Brknarrow1970 03-11-2008 01:26 PM

Yep this is the pure hunting bow - got the commander for 3-ds

Will the valley get any larger when I switch the mods- I also got the smooth mods coming will that make a difference - Love the bow just don't know if it is going to be the most shootable for me - I am not 100% sure it was set-up properly Rob helped me with the mod chart and where the draw stop needs to be that made a difference -

The allegiance has a short ATA - my monkey arms don't seem to like short ata --

GMMAT 03-11-2008 01:30 PM

OK, then.....sounds like you got the right one.

Carry on[8D]

MeanV2 03-11-2008 03:00 PM

There are a lot of Great options in Hunting bows from Bowtech. The Guardian is an excellent all around choice. If you prefer a longer A to A then the Commander is a good choice. My personal favorites in the line right now are the Guardian, 101, and the Allegiance. Neither I nor anyone else can tell YOU what to buy. Shoot them all and buy what is most comfortable to YOU. I like speed but not at the sacrifice of the other things I expect and demand out of my bow. Spend a day at the Archery shop and decide which one feels and shoots best for you.

Dan

Hunter Dan7 03-11-2008 03:04 PM

I dont know if it was the 07 or 08 that i drew back yesterday but whatever it was the draw was smooth,dident shoot it though. All i think that they changed would be the invevelt thats on the 08 and not on the 07, but im not for sure.

MeanV2 03-11-2008 03:24 PM

Cams on the Commander are different this year.

Dan

Hunter Dan7 03-11-2008 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan
thanks for correcting me cuz i really wasent for sure

MeanV2 03-11-2008 04:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Hunter Dan7

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan
thanks for correcting me cuz i really wasent for sure
No Problem!! I didn't know until I seen the one at the Classic. Only way to keep from making a mistake is not to do anything.

Dan

Brknarrow1970 03-11-2008 07:11 PM

Thanks for the responses guys the mystery has been solved - will put in another post