Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tubeless or not?? >

Tubeless or not??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tubeless or not??

Old 03-11-2008, 12:08 PM

Default Tubeless or not??

I'm kind of old school and use a peep with the tube aligner. I guess I've always been afraid that it would fail me at the moment of truth if I didn't have the tube. I also have never owned a top of the line string like a Winners Choice either. I guess I'm just looking for reassurance that it is safe to go tubeless with a quality string. Have you "tubeless" guys/gals ever had any problems?
Old 03-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tubeless or not??

I haven't used a tube on a peep in some 15 years - it is easy to train the string to turn the peep properly, but with the higher quality strings as of late the peep will rotate perfectly without concern
Old 03-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have used both, and not had any real issues with either.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also do not use a peep tube. After a couple rounds of shooting, the peep will turn and open up as I am drawing back.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

The thought of having a slingshot pointed at my eye was enough to make me go tubeless and I've not had any problems.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: shane8686

I'm kind of old school and use a peep with the tube aligner. I guess I've always been afraid that it would fail me at the moment of truth if I didn't have the tube. I also have never owned a top of the line string like a Winners Choice either. I guess I'm just looking for reassurance that it is safe to go tubeless with a quality string. Have you "tubeless" guys/gals ever had any problems?
If you practice all of the off season you will shoot what, 1000-2000 arrows? If it doesn't fail then why would it fail during hunting season?
Old 03-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Once I shot a dozen or so times, never had a problem.Went tubeless after it came off one too many times.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Banned

Put me down for no tube and no underwear; can't stand either.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take a look at the string splitter peep. I just put on about a month ago. I like it alot and it has always turn perfect for me.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:54 PM

High quality strings don't stretch, and the ole twisting peep is no longer an issue......IF you set it up correctly to begin with.

I've had mine on my Vectrix Plus since Thanksgiving, it hasn't moved a bit. It's still perfectly square, opens every time.

Quick Reply: Tubeless or not??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.