Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Missouri Hunting >

Missouri Hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Missouri Hunting

Old 03-11-2008, 08:30 AM

Default RE: Missouri Hunting

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

mobow, I expected a little more love from a fellow Hoyt Staff guy!
LOL.....Ok ok ok.....anywhere up north is going to be outstanding. The closer to Iowa the better.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

You hunt large enough acres with adequate cover, food and water and any private land North of the Missouri is great. I think Missouri definately doesn't get enough credit for having big deer. We do, however, have the best Turkey hunting. I hunt the smallest county in Missouri...Worth Co. Three miles from the Iowa border. Also, Nodaway and Buchanan counties.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Typical Buck

I am from central Missouri and we have some pretty nice bucks there,a friend of mines dad has two B & C bucks mounted on the wall. Both of the well over 160 +.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

St. Louis County, it's loaded with deer.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:17 AM

Any of the counties you mentioned will be good. I would not judge the property by amount of timber, but do look at draws, crp, etc. all as sufficient cover to hold deer.

I would pick the farm based on other pressure it gets, specifically the last couple years of rifle season. Other than that, I would lean towards the one with the most possible stand locations, which you should be able to evaluate with aerials.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the information, even though it was harder to get out some than others. RAL, what you said is very interesting. One of the farms that come highly recommended has a ton of CRP, but little timber, just fingers coming off some bigger timber that is off the property. I kind of wrote that one off, but will take another look now. Again, thanks for all the information guys.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:34 AM

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

One of the farms that come highly recommended has a ton of CRP, but little timber, just fingers coming off some bigger timber that is off the property. I kind of wrote that one off, but will take another look now.
I know I would be looking at that one.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:18 AM

I hunt both Wayne and Cape Girardeau County. Both have lots of deer, but you dont get alot of the good quality bucks that other areas have.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:42 PM

Calloway gets hit hard. We have a farm in macon and its good. that's where i would go if it were me.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:58 PM

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

St. Louis County, it's loaded with deer.
Couldn't prove that by me.....

Quick Reply: Missouri Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.