HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   TROPHY ROOM/MAN CAVE PICS... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/236853-trophy-room-man-cave-pics.html)

jmccoy_77 03-10-2008 09:47 PM

TROPHY ROOM/MAN CAVE PICS...

Getting ready to build my house, and am looking to steal some ideas for my trophy room/man cave. Post your pics if you got 'em!

jmccoy_77 03-11-2008 09:46 PM

RE: TROPHY ROOM/MAN CAVE PICS...

ttt!

shed33 03-11-2008 10:46 PM

okie dokie.. here is walk down my stairs.. and around my man cave.. I have stamped concrete floors, douglas fir stairway and railing, big screen JVC 56 inch, sectional couch, lounge chair, wood stove, work out corner i.e. hvy bag, dumbbells and flat bench with mat... decorated with my favorite critters..whitetails, elk, a few sheds I've found over the yearsand a couple bear skulls..

I am gonna need to post a few times here to get the half a dozen pix or so so be patient with me.. I am on dial up

Notice my daddy's orignal allen compound hanging on the wall its left handed or I'd take more interest in shooting it.. :)

shed33 03-11-2008 10:49 PM

counterclockwise here.. around the walls

idahoelkinstructor 03-11-2008 10:49 PM

Tory, very nice, very nice!;)

shed33 03-11-2008 10:55 PM

wait wait I am not done! :Di wanna get around this room!

shed33 03-11-2008 10:58 PM

couple more.. stinkin slow PUTER! [:@]

shed33 03-11-2008 11:01 PM

ok almost back to the stairs.. I see I have one wall missing justto the right ofthe wood stove there.......has 4 more bucks and a bull on it...didnt realize I didnt have a pic of it.. oh well there is most of my room.. its filled up.. I have half a dozen wtbucks and 2 nice muley bucks that are still looking for a home? upstairs I guess. see what the wifey says.. she says head mounts only up there..so its gonna be a while.. eventually I hope to have our great room filled with shoulder mounts and full body mounts of predators.. maybe a turkey, coon...etc.. all it takes is money right..and lots of critters..

Sliverflicker 03-11-2008 11:14 PM

Yep! thats a man cave alright. Awesome Troy.

shed33 03-11-2008 11:22 PM

ya know Silver, It needs a bear rug on the couch...draped over it, I have one upstairs on the living room floor..and I gave my last years cape to my aunt cause she wanted a bear rug..so this bear season, I am gonna see if cant fix this problem.. :D

thanks btw..

Sliverflicker 03-12-2008 12:15 AM

Yes your right, ever man cave needs a Bear skin rug. It's not quite complete without one:D.

jmccoy_77 03-12-2008 12:22 AM

Awesome room!!! Now I'm really getting excited to build my house! Don't have that many great mounts though. Yet.

idahoelkinstructor 03-12-2008 12:40 AM

I'm glad I looked again, of course my favorite is the bull elk!

RuLzU 03-12-2008 12:44 AM

HOLY SHISHKABOB!
wow..
im speachless
jelous
envious
and out of rhyming words.
AWSEME!!
is NICE.!!!!!!!!!!! High 5 (borat)

Hunter Dan7 03-12-2008 05:00 AM

Shed33, can i come hunting with you??? Please

oakcreek 03-12-2008 08:35 AM

This is my trophy room there are a few more added since i posted this last from the top of the stairs

Rhody Hunter 03-12-2008 08:38 AM

nice room . what is that around the bears neck ?

NCRemington700 03-12-2008 08:39 AM

Incredible animals Oak!! I'm impressed!

Jasonlester 03-12-2008 08:46 AM

Apparently I need to do more hunting....

Nice rooms guys. I plan to work on my room this summer.

oakcreek 03-12-2008 08:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Rhody Hunter

It's a radio collar i shot this bear in 95 our DNR did a bear study 4 years previous and there were 20 bears that they didn't recapture right away so four years later this bear was 1 of 3 that were still out there it didn't transmit a signal anymore so it would likely had just died with it on when i shot it the collar was embeded 3/4" into its neck and quite infected. The bear was aged at 13 years old. I got bugged quite a bit about shooting a tame bear but i got my revenge when they grabbed a hold of the collar it stunk something awful from all the infection. It was good for a laugh or two.

FLboy77 03-12-2008 09:02 AM

Hey Oak those are some awsome mounts!!! I personally like the moose one with the picture on the base. AWSOME!!!!

Rhody Hunter 03-12-2008 09:12 AM

ORIGINAL: oakcreek

ORIGINAL: Rhody Hunter

It's a radio collar i shot this bear in 95 our DNR did a bear study 4 years previous and there were 20 bears that they didn't recapture right away so four years later this bear was 1 of 3 that were still out there it didn't transmit a signal anymore so it would likely had just died with it on when i shot it the collar was embeded 3/4" into its neck and quite infected. The bear was aged at 13 years old. I got bugged quite a bit about shooting a tame bear but i got my revenge when they grabbed a hold of the collar it stunk something awful from all the infection. It was good for a laugh or two.
cool that is what i thought it was but i figured i would ask and see the story behind it

oakcreek 03-12-2008 09:30 AM

ORIGINAL: FLboy77

Hey Oak those are some awsome mounts!!! I personally like the moose one with the picture on the base. AWSOME!!!!
Thanks the painting was done by my mom, Thats my dad and I which makes it even more special. She painted 3 sides of the pedastal.