HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What should I hunt. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/236847-what-should-i-hunt.html)

130woodman 03-10-2008 08:22 PM

What should I hunt.

For my 40th Birthday I am going to give myself a hunting trip. I would like to know what you guy's and gal's would do.
I've hunted Elk, Mule Deer andWhitetails.
40doesn't fall until 2009, I would really love to do a Dall sheep hunt but I think there is a waiting period ( for tags or Outfitters)

OKbowhunter20 03-10-2008 08:24 PM

RE: What should I hunt.

I voted moose

MN/Kyle 03-10-2008 08:28 PM

Quebec Caribou.

whitetailbowhunter 03-10-2008 08:30 PM

I voted Moose. Caribou isn't my favorite meat.

popeandyoungchaser 03-10-2008 08:34 PM

Caribou hunts are more affordable than moose hunts so i say take the moose hunt if you can swing it you may never get to again!!!

OHbowhntr 03-10-2008 08:49 PM

I voted Caribou, because most hunts you can take two animals, and they look like pretty awesome hunts. I believe Moose tastes better though, and if that's your ultimate deciding factor, then I'd say moose, but my personal choice would be Caribou. For Challenge, the Blacktail may make for an excellent hunt, and you could do a blacktail hunt for about HALF or less of the money, and maybe make it a 10-14 day hunt, hunt twice as long, rather than a shorter hunt for a larger game at more money. WOW, decisions, decisions!!!! Elk is on my plate in 2009!!!!

MN/Kyle 03-10-2008 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

I voted Caribou, because most hunts you can take two animals, and they look like pretty awesome hunts. I believe Moose tastes better though, and if that's your ultimate deciding factor, then I'd say moose, but my personal choice would be Caribou. For Challenge, the Blacktail may make for an excellent hunt, and you could do a blacktail hunt for about HALF or less of the money, and maybe make it a 10-14 day hunt, hunt twice as long, rather than a shorter hunt for a larger game at more money. WOW, decisions, decisions!!!! Elk is on my plate in 2009!!!!
Caribou is possibly the BEST trip I've been on in my life. Caribou is also my fav. meat! 130woodman PM me if you want to hear about my trip!

TEmbry 03-10-2008 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

Caribou is possibly the BEST trip I've been on in my life. Caribou is also my fav. meat! 130woodman PM me if you want to hear about my trip!
Show off:D Big deal, I hear fishing isnt good up there anyway:eek:

I did enjoy the story though, sounded like a great time.;)

MN/Kyle 03-10-2008 08:57 PM

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

Show off:D Big deal, I hear fishing isnt good up there anyway:eek:

I did enjoy the story though, sounded like a great time.;)
Still got it?:eek:

TEmbry 03-10-2008 08:59 PM

nope cleaned out last week.[:o]