Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Still dealing with Kisser issues!!! >

Still dealing with Kisser issues!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Still dealing with Kisser issues!!!

Old 03-10-2008, 02:30 PM

Default Still dealing with Kisser issues!!!

I keep going through kisser b/c they break into peices with every shot. I had one that worked for about 6 months and then fianaly gave out. It was soft and I got it from Walmart!! Made by Allen Archery Products. The others I used were too hard and cracked. I just had to take serving and wrap it into a ball on my string to make a kisser, this doesn.t work me, as I am trying to find my anchor and can't. I have found a place that has the kisser that I need the Allen brand, Walmart cleared their archery stuff for the year!!! So anyway, Im paying like 13$ for 2 kissers that cost 1.88$!!! 9$ for shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gotta have it tho!!
Old 03-10-2008, 05:36 PM

Default RE: Still dealing with Kisser issues!!!

Never had a problem with the hard plastic kissers so i dont know what to tell ya. Good Luck
Old 03-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't use those things! I have these big old catfish lips.... they'll get taken right off my face! I can't shoot worth a hoot no how...
Old 03-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

This isn't meant to sound like a Smart ass reply but why on earth is anyone still using a kisser button?

Seriously? If you have your peep set up correctly use the string on the same place on your nose and anchor consistent you already have 3 solid reference points, the 4th (a kisser button) is just something to get in the way, cause a distraction in your shot sequence and slow your bow down.
either you can see through your peep squarely or yuo can't, a kisser button does nothing to help that process.
A kisser button goes back to the days where guys shot compounds without a peep sight entirely and they needed that 3rd reference point to make sure the're head and eye were properly aligned with the string.

If a kisser button was of any help whatsoever accuracy wise you would see tournament archers using them..........I have never see a single one.

Time to take off the training wheels Try it without for a little while, I think you will see that you don't need it at all.

Just remember to do the other things the same each time and your form will become second nature. Anchor in the same spot, touch the string in the same spot and make sure you have your peep set properly........that's all you need.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I finnaly made myself give it up, i was stuck in the 90's and still using one to. I decided to try it without one and am shooting great, i use my nose for alignment and center my peep with my pin guard, everything is fine, try it and let us know.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:11 PM

I just started with a release and a peep 8 months ago started out with a kisser thought i had to have it then I took it off I got used to not having real fast.Try it I think you will find the same I am glad I did what you got lose deer season is 9 or 10 months away.Not trying to be a know it all but I think you will be glad you did one less thing to deal with also.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree ditch it!! They are really popular in my area, but a few are beginning to see the light.

Dan
Old 03-10-2008, 06:55 PM

Im trying, but Im soooo used to it, it's like a bad habit!!! So yall think I just need to find that sweet spot on my nose with the string??
Old 03-10-2008, 07:40 PM
N2D

Just today I was helping someone out that was new to archery. Their group was all over the place. I installed a kisser button and their group instantly tightned up. She was as happy as can be. I think in time one can get rid of the kisser. I still use one. Do I really need it? Probably not. The way I see it is that when I am up in a tree all bent around trying to get a shot and it is not the ideal form situation, the kisser is just one more thing to help out. As far as loss of speed, come on now, get real guys.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:34 PM

I use both a kisser and peep and would not have it any other way. My buddy has just a peep on the same bow as I have and getting a kisser put on this spring. I just think that the kisser helps with a consistant anchor point, especially with odd angles.

Quick Reply: Still dealing with Kisser issues!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.