Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

fat guy stands

Old 03-09-2008, 08:58 AM

Default fat guy stands

All you over weight hunters out there,If you are like me in the over 275lb club
what have you found to be the most comfy stand. I find most stands are immpossable to sit in all day.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: fat guy stands

the closest thing I've found is a two man ladder stand . I can't sit all day but at least I can stand up and stretch my legs once in a while
Old 03-09-2008, 09:09 AM

im not real big but i hunt out of a small buddy stand you stand up move freely stretch out and have plenty of room for all your gear rather than those cramped little hang on stands
Old 03-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not really interested in comfort when I'm hunting. I often stand with the seat part down around the base, but I have mixed fellings about the whole thing and haven't found a happy medium. I like being aggresive but it wears on me and I'm not enjoying myself. I like being comfortable but I'm unprepared to act quickly and quietly. I think I'm going to just limit my time in one. Did just that the last day of the season here by leaving before legal time was up. Saw a pile of white flags on the way out. I was a distance from the truck in an unfamilar locations and just didn't want to fight my way out in the dark, again. Comforted myself with finding a pattern to their movements. Next year will be better there if I return.

I'm kind of off topic, but I'm just avoiding tell you to stay on the ground, you know your limitations due to your size. Most ladders that are sold are only rated at 250, commercial at 300. Do you feel comfortable climbing ladders? I've never even looked at what a ladder stands, ladder is rated at, I've climbed some,my work ladders fell stronger. Just something to think about. No offense intended.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Summit Goliath climber is great. You can easily spend all day in one, hell I have naps in mine LoL !!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

What type of stand are you looking for climber,ladder,hang on??
Old 03-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have one,(i want to get one)but the summit 180 max looks good. Looks nice and comfy and it's rated for 350 lbs. But you better be ready to get your checkbook out.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Summitt Viper and can sit all day in it. I'm 6' 5", and usually weigh about 280-285 lbs during hunting season. I will admit I would like a stand with a little bigger climber and a larger platform (lower). If I can come up with the money, I would go with the Summit 180 Max stand. Specs seem like it would fit the bill.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Spike

Millennium tree stand Is a stand that found to be extremely comfortable for all day sitting, its almost like a recliner in a tree. Take a look.
http://millenniumstands.com/
Old 03-09-2008, 02:26 PM

I have been using ladder stands and I have a ol'man climber. I Like the ladders but they are so noisy. My climber is ok but only for a couple of hours. I never have used lock on's becouse they are so small. So any lock on's for the big guys.

Quick Reply: fat guy stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.