Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What we are still up against as bowhunters... >

What we are still up against as bowhunters...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What we are still up against as bowhunters...

Old 03-09-2008, 10:34 PM

Default RE: What we are still up against as bowhunters...

"If the majority do not find them so, then I'd ask them to be allowed. Obviously we cannot please everyone, and obviously a single person should not censor the majority. "

Why not? So you would rather take a utilitarian approach? What's right and what's wrong? And who gets to say so? Do we really know? LOL

I'm a hunter also but I'm not about to just jump on the bandwagon either. If the mod sees fit that that's the end of it. I haven't seen the pics posted on this site under the harvested pics posts? Why is that?
Old 03-10-2008, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

2 things:
[ol][*]Why in the hell would anyone be angry that they weren't allowed to post hunting pictures on a Harley site?? I wouldn't come here and post up a bunch of pictures of my mountain bike or my skis. If I did, I'd expect it to be deleted. Take your hunting pictures to the hunting forum, and your harley pictures to a harley forum. The two are not related.[*]Not everyone in the free world likes to look at deadanimal carcasses.[/ol]
These people aren't out to get you. They just don't want to look at some random schmuck and a bloody bear carcass. They're not coming to take your hunting license away, and they're not gonna cancel deer season.

The show will go on. The sun will come up tomorrow.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Fran:

You are correct. It's also a case of the golden rule. The guys owning the site.....being the ones who have the gold.

I love me a pie but couldn't care less to see your aunt's Pilsbury bake off photos, here......unless your aunt's hot.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:45 AM
Banned

I was banned for standing up to what was right and I want no part of a forum like that. Tippy sent me an email claiming he had nothing against hunters and is a NRA supporter. My reply:

You obviously do have something against hunters, calling legally bowhunted animals,"slaughtered". I am a Lifetime NRA member and the NRA does not support calling legally hunted animals "slaughtered". You were out of line as an American and a harley owner to refer to my pics as "slaughtered" and then to ban me because I stood up for what was right. You rewrote the forum rules to fit your agenda. Btw, that Brit Chaz was out of line too, coming on an American forum and questioning our American way of life.

Don Miller
American bowhunter, Lifetime NRA member, and proud of it.

Fran, we were posting pics of our wives or girlfriends in a thread called,"post pics of your wife or girlfriend". Theother members of the forumgave Tippy hell and said he was out of line. One said that it was no different than posting a pic of a fish someone caught.My pics had two pics of my wife with legally taken animals; big deal. The forum rules were followed. If you can't see that than I am glad you don't ride scoots with me or bowhunt with me than too. Your views are way different than any others here or on AT. Enough said.

http://archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=651906