Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hoyt KATERA ad... >

Hoyt KATERA ad...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt KATERA ad...

Old 03-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hoyt KATERA ad...

ORIGINAL: Geronimo

If you look at the bow industry objectively, Bowtech has probably advanced the technology of the compound bow more than most other companies. I think this has led directly to their success....IMHO...
HAHAHA>>>>>..ya right...........hoyt has them beat in the r&d.......
Old 03-08-2008, 09:28 AM

If you look at the bow industry objectively, Bowtech has probably advanced the technology of the compound bow more than most other companies. I think this has led directly to their success....IMHO...
If bowtech's technology is so new and revolutionized, why are they paying royalties on it? Great bow yes...awesome bow yes....Advancing technology more than any other bow company...no. All bow companies make great bows today, what gives with pushing bowtechs on any thread mentioning another brand?

This is getting kind of annoying now, Someone can't even make a post about Hoyt's dryfire process without someone else praising Bowtech, which was never even brought up.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

If bowtech's technology is so new and revolutionized, why are they paying royalties on it? Great bow yes...awesome bow yes....Advancing technology more than any other bow company...no. All bow companies make great bows today, what gives with pushing bowtechs on any thread mentioning another brand?

This is getting kind of annoying now, Someone can't even make a post about Hoyt's dryfire process without someone else praising Bowtech, which was never even brought up.
+1 It spreads faster than the flu....
Old 03-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hoyt has been testing their laminated XT2000 limbs like this for years.I believe since they came out way back when.

There is a reason they have the lowest fail rate in the industry.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hoyt builds & tests the best bow on the market. If you are going hunting bow failure is the last thing you should be worrying about. If I'm hunting in my back yard or in Wyoming I'm taking a Hoyt thats some thing you can count on.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:51 AM

Exactly why I decided not to buy one...nothing worse than folks trying to ram something down your throat. Not saying they don't make a good bow, but to have to hear about how great they are every time you mention another brand gets tedious and seems juvenille. As I said, it actually detered me from considering them.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Of course you really have to have numb nuts to dry fire a bow of any make.[]
Old 03-08-2008, 01:26 PM

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Of course you really have to have numb nuts to dry fire a bow of any make.[]
LOL! Never a truer statement. Always nock an arrow, even if inside. Dry wall is easier to patch than a bow in pieces. Cheaper too.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:31 PM

I took my Trykon into Sportsman's about a week ago to use their paper tuning rack and shoot it through the chronograph. In the process my boss wanted to take a look at it.

I forgot to let him know that it had 80% letoff, unlike the majority of the bows on the shelf -- my mistake. He proceeds to draw it back and as he's letting down it slips from his fingers. Of course, theres no arrow on the string, so I turn around to hear "CRACK!" He dry fired it from about halfway to a quarter of the way back.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the bow. The string jumped the track, but other than that the bow was fine. I took it back and shot it through the paper one more time and it was shooting perfect.

I can't say for certain how many dry fires it could withstand, but standing up to ONE is enough for me. Tough bow.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Actually it was Bawanajim being a smart arse who brought up Bowtechs.
Then somebody else said they were lousy. Only then didONEperson come on anddefend bowtechs.
Hardly cramming bowtechs down your throat.

BTW, I dry fire my old oneida (accidently) at least once a month. Doesn't hurt it at all. My XI was dry firedseveral times without damage. Neither are leaders in the technology field.

Quick Reply: Hoyt KATERA ad...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.