Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is this about having to take a archery safety course? >

What is this about having to take a archery safety course?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is this about having to take a archery safety course?

Old 03-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What is this about having to take a archery safety course?

I just talked to the guy who taught me hunters safty and he said that now if you wan't to bow hunt in Idaho... I can't remember the other statesbut is that true that you have to take archery safty now?
Old 03-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What is this about having to take a archery safety course?

That's the way it is on all Corps of Engineers land and a lot of federal wildlife reserves. It's something you ought to do anyway. Might even meet somefine people,have a good time and learn something while doing it.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with AP, I took the course probably 10 years plus ago and I've never hunted a state that required it yet but I know I'm good if I go to said states.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

And .... you can never have too much Saftey traning
Old 03-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

My husband and I are both Bowhunting Education Instructions here in Idaho. If you live in Idaho you have to take the course in order to get your Archery permit. If you are living outside ofIdaho and can produce documentation that you have had an archery permit in your home state then you can be "grandfathered" in. Hope this helps.

PS I also agree with the others. There is a ton of information that everyone can learn from in this course. I highly recommend that you take it!
Old 03-07-2008, 02:01 PM

You're required to have taken an archery course with a shooting proficiency module to it in order to hunt any special archery seasons up here. You can hunt during any regular (rifle) season with a bow but for the increased opportiunities of the special season you have to have the certification. Doesn't make much sense to me but there it is... I think there should be certification/education for it all. You've got nothing to loose, and you might even gain something.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

Thats what I love about being in the military in Oklahoma I dont have to take the State safety classes.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Host of Hosts

I had to take one to hunt in NY state
Old 03-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure if I could make it to the Bowhunters safety course because I have to attend the swimming safety course (required here in VA before you swim) and the parent safety course ( required here in VA if you plan to have children) and the "manners matters" safety course that teaches you manners when dealing with other people( required here in VA before you are even allowed to interact with another human being). I also forgot, I have to attend the 5. 10. and 20 year driving safety course training and the father training class in between all of the other ones.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

Oh no, here we go again. Lets see how many pages this one goes WITHOUT anyone coming up with a list of reasons why bowhunting education is a bad idea. I think the last one went 9+ and the best that anyone came up with was too much government intervention in their lives or something of that nature. I'm suprised no one mentioned that they dont use e-z pass for the tolls because they dont want big brother to be able to track them. Maybe this thread will mention tin foil helmets, you know, to stop the radio waves, voices etc. Hahaha. The last part has sarcasm in it, so dont flame me.

Quick Reply: What is this about having to take a archery safety course?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.