Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 found record 4pt. single side? >

found record 4pt. single side?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

found record 4pt. single side?

Old 03-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default found record 4pt. single side?

first off we aren't putting any pictures on the net just incase we can sell the pictures to a magazine. my hunting partner found a 4 point single side rack scoring between 95"-98". so far he has been offered up to 3 grand for the rack and someone else has told him that it would be the record for that few of points. we would like some imput on if the rack is a record, and if there is anything else we can do.
alittle history about the rack, we found it one year old on the ground 2 years ago, we had watched the buck all year and his rack is twice as big. we watched the buck this year again all summer, both years the buck gives us the slip after about the second day of archery. his rack is still much bigger thanthe shedand looks to be a perfectly symectrical 8 point.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: found record 4pt. single side?

Old 03-05-2008, 08:32 AM

Now if what you are saying is correct this could posibly be in contention for the next world record
taking the average of what you given 96.5 x 2 + 20 = 213

I just don't think it's posible for a 8 to take topspot
Old 03-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

X2

Great post
Old 03-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

i am only relaying what i am told, we took the shed to our taxidermist to get it scored. i haven't seen the score sheet, but the taxidermist knows his stuff. this year the taxidermist had the world record youth hunt deer, that buck will come out in north american whitetail magazine when it is done. don't ask, i am not giving out names or locations.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:56 AM

ORIGINAL: oakcreek

Now if what you are saying is correct this could posibly be in contention for the next world record
taking the average of what you given 96.5 x 2 + 20 = 213

I just don't think it's posible for a 8 to take topspot
I agree. I know that there are big 8's but i dont know about that big. But i guess any thing can happen
Old 03-05-2008, 09:03 AM

How about some measurements, like length of main beam and g1, 2 and 3...
Old 03-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: vmartin

i am only relaying what i am told, we took the shed to our taxidermist to get it scored. i haven't seen the score sheet, but the taxidermist knows his stuff. this year the taxidermist had the world record youth hunt deer, that buck will come out in north american whitetail magazine when it is done. don't ask, i am not giving out names or locations.
Why did you even bring it up then if your so worried about it? Personally the internet is the last place I'd be talking about a potential world record! If your area gets flooded from other hunters, its know ones fault but yourselfs.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, a 95" 4-point side...I have some property for sale too...mimics the lyrics of a George Strait song...
Old 03-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ill belive it when i see it.

Quick Reply: found record 4pt. single side?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.