Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you take this shot? >

Would you take this shot?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you take this shot?

Old 03-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Would you take this shot?

Wasnt there a guy who shot a deer who had locked antlers with another deer. One deer died for a broken neck or something like that. he shot the live one and took both deer in? I think the picture was on here. Was that the same deer?
Old 03-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

i would probably shoot the bigger one, and try my hardestto free the other one
Old 03-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I would, some how I would see that the one that I didn't not shoot would go free.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I only watched once, I thought the one was dead already????

I am suprised it hopped around for as long as it did.....Maybe that was the other one still hopping?

I,d go get my chain saw out of my truck cut one horn let them run away I don t want a trophy like on the other hand I would not blame anyone for shooting one or both.Heck around where I live the deer drivers will shoot the whole family till the guns empty makes me sick.You want to talk ethics
Fork Horn

By the looks of it they aren't going to free themselves. I live in a one buck state and would take the bigger of the two an call my hunting buddy to take the other or help free one of them hopefully without getting hurt.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep!

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

Where I live, I'm only allowed one buck per day, and a max limit of three bucks per season. I think If I saw them, I'd probably shoot one, and call a friend to shoot the other one. The chances of this happening where I huntare very rare...
Old 03-04-2008, 05:44 PM

Good question. Both great deer.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Nope, I don't think so. There are ways to separate them. A rope a saw... it's done. Just seems like shooting a penned in critter to me.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I only watched once, I thought the one was dead already????

I am suprised it hopped around for as long as it did.....Maybe that was the other one still hopping?
The deer he shoots is about a 1/4 to 1/2 way through the video. You see the arrow go in and then the blood in the water. It's at that point that deer goes limp...I believe...I only watched it once, and I'm on a fairly slow high speed internet connection (I know...oxymoron...but if you've had satellite internet, you would understand), so I'm not waiting for it to load again, lol. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Quick Reply: Would you take this shot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.