Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question for "mature buck" advocates >

Question for "mature buck" advocates

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question for "mature buck" advocates

Old 03-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Question for "mature buck" advocates

ORIGINAL: shed33

yah know Gary, I can't complain, I may not be able to keep up with Lee, but I do have a few nice racks around the house oh and a few running the ridges too.. 'nuff to keep me occupied, motivated and happy..

Too everyone else.. Shoot whatever the heck makes ya happy and that you feel good about!!!!give back a little, and have a good time, we dont get to do this forever.
I have it great as well and if the new buck regulations pass here in MI, Look out
Old 03-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Bartender

Germ what are some of new regs they cranking out?
ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: shed33

yah know Gary, I can't complain, I may not be able to keep up with Lee, but I do have a few nice racks around the house oh and a few running the ridges too.. 'nuff to keep me occupied, motivated and happy..

Too everyone else.. Shoot whatever the heck makes ya happy and that you feel good about!!!!give back a little, and have a good time, we dont get to do this forever.
I have it great as well and if the new buck regulations pass here in MI, Look out
Old 03-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry
They haven't seen any big bucks because they're too busy pushing them to you so you don't kill them.
Ahh...You found out my "little secret"

Old 03-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Bartender

LOL
One day were having a beer together Bro. (Notice I didnt say hunt, Ive done to much pushing)

T
Old 03-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: peakrut

LOL
One day were having a beer together Bro. (Notice I didnt say hunt, Ive done to much pushing)

T
I'd be my pleasure......

I was just up in your "neck of the woods" the other day for work...Wisconsin Kenworth.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Looks to me like antler restrictions would make meat hunters happy since their return investment is actualy more meat! Is it the Meat, or just the need to kill something?
Michigan is a 2 tag state, andsecond tag is 4pt or more on one side. I would like them to drop to one tag and keep the4pt on one side, it might actualy get back to the way it once was when I was a young man. The youth hunt would remain the same.
That is about to change I think. If the NRC meeting went well we are going to have

Combo Tag with AR on both tags
A hunter can buy an archery or a Gun tag. He can shoot just 1 buck, any size. Then he is done.

I was suppose to be at this NRC meeting, do to the family issues with my MIL house buring down I was unble to attend.
This would be a good thing. We fought to get 2 tags at a time when a bowhunter could walk through the woods for weeks on end and never see another hunter, and bowkills were rare. This is not the case now days. Even though hunter numbers are down the ones that do hunt spend way more hours in the woods than they use to combined with urban sprawl, and leasing has caused over crouding on public lands, I dont care how deep in the woods you get.
Add todays equipment to the mix and there is no wounder most bucks in this state never make it past a year and a half old.

Years ago I sat in on a Fish and Game meeting in Ky and proposed that bowhunters to be able to harvest 2 deer with a bow or one with a bow and one with a gun and it was passed. It was a time when the deer herd could support such a law, thank goodness someone was smart enough to have it changed back when the numbers no longer supported it.
We are way past due for a change in this state. I could go on for hours on this subject, but wont be able to sleep tonight.
One Buck and Doe tags where needed.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

What, if anything, is this thread even about anymore..
Old 03-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

What, if anything, is this thread even about anymore..

LOL, Ok I'm done....sorry duke,couldn't resist....
Old 03-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

For me, I shoot whats available. If I know there are several 140 class bucks on one property then thats what I set my goals on. If the biggest bucks on the property are100 class bucksthen thats what I go after. If a bigger one comes by than even better. For me its all about whats cruisng my woods, but I cant deny bigger and older is more challenging and more desireable, if a 100" buck fits that description than Im all over it.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Forget the QB BigJ.... cause their may be air between you and me but my only opportunity would be to high-tail it the other way.

Quick Reply: Question for "mature buck" advocates

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.