Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question for "mature buck" advocates >

Question for "mature buck" advocates

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question for "mature buck" advocates

Old 03-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Question for "mature buck" advocates

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

I'm not trying to justify James' comment, because it was out of line IMO, but I do see what he is talking about all over PA as well.

We travel from camp to camp talking to the other guys that hunt around us and ask what they've been seeing and they'll say things like, "We've seen a few little ones, but nothing for the wall." "There are no big bucks in this area." "All we see are mountain deer." Blah, blah, blah.

Then when we go back to their camp in the evening of opening day we'd see a spiker or a forkie and even with ARs a little 1.5 year old basket six. That's fine, but don't say there are no big bucks around if you're not willing to let them get big. I've eaten my share of tags, and I'll continue to do so. That's my choice, but I also reserve the right to be a little pissed if someone is complaining about not seeing any big deer, but continues to shoot little ones.

I won't even get started on the guys that have 2 or 3 licenses. If I could prove it happened they'd get turned in.
I see this too, If you've been hunting for any amount of time you will inevitably come across those hunters who complain about not seeing or killing a P&Y deer and yettheir truck beds are filled with young deer. To THEM I'd respectfully say "try passing on a few of those younger bucks and you mightstart to see more older ones". Or try to help them with tactics and avenues to find where the bigger bucks are.I'll never be "pissed off" at them, why should I? It doesn't effect the way I hunt, I will continue to hunt the way I want regardless of what the other hunters do. Why in the WORLD should I be pissed off?

That being said.........This wasn't the case, here James just posted a very rude comment about a picture that was posted with pride.....uncalled for.[:'(]
John, no argument about what was said about the pic. No cause to belittle others to make yourself look better.

As far as getting pissed, it's because I've tried what you said and made the subtle suggestions to pass on the little ones and offered some tips such as "get in the thick and nasty stuff, that's where the big ones are" and my attempt to help is met with resistance, excuses, and at times criticism of how I choose to hunt, and I wasn't complaining. So, I'm not pissed at them for how they choose to hunt, but more that they complain about a "problem" yet want to have nothing to do with the solution.
Yeah, I've been down that road myself. Sometimes your words fall on deaf ears and all you hear in return is excuse after excuse. It's at that point where I tell them "gook luck and I hope you kill a slammer next time" and part ways. I may be slightly bewildered and the resistance I met but I'm never upset or mad. Hell, I'm just happy to be out hunting, if the other folks aren't because they don't like what they're killing perhaps they should take up a different pastime....it's supposed to be fun.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

its amazing how a nice rack can be the driving force in our lives..
Old 03-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: shed33

Amen brother, I am a butt man, wait what are we talking about[8D]
Old 03-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: shed33

Amen brother, I am a butt man, wait what are we talking about[8D]
hey bud me too till I met my wife! LMAO
Old 03-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, I've been down that road myself. Sometimes your words fall on deaf ears and all you hear in return is excuse after excuse. It's at that point where I tell them "gook luck and I hope you kill a slammer next time" and part ways. I may be slightly bewildered and the resistance I met but I'm never upset or mad. Hell, I'm just happy to be out hunting, if the other folks aren't because they don't like what they're killing perhaps they should take up a different pastime....it's supposed to be fun.
I don't get as mad at the excuses as I do of the accusations of being an elitist when I offered some help. You probably don't encounter this because you could squash the other guy with a swipe of your paw. I'm just a little guy so they think they can get over on me. Plus, I'm tightly wound anyway, so I get pissed.

At the end of the day, I'm happy to just be out there hunting too. That's what it's all about anyway.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Me too, LMAO
Old 03-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

yah know Gary, I can't complain, I may not be able to keep up with Lee, but I do have a few nice racks around the house oh and a few running the ridges too.. 'nuff to keep me occupied, motivated and happy..

Too everyone else.. Shoot whatever the heck makes ya happy and that you feel good about!!!!give back a little, and have a good time, we dont get to do this forever.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Site Bouncer

You probably don't encounter this because you could squash the other guy with a swipe of your paw.
No not really.....Because this is how I respond to them............

Old 03-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

James,

Not only was your first post the worst post in history, your consecutive posts are PATHETIC. I don't know who you hunt with or around, but the deer camps I attend are full of hunters with character that do it the right way and......put in the work as you put it. They are full of people that would not tolerate your arrogant statements.

You wrote.........
I know that there are a lot of hunters out there that feel the same way I do, but I'm not afraid to say it. I might offend a few in the process, but that's fine by me.
Do you make these statements when you are at the deer camps with these people or are you just a loud mouth, arroganttough guy on the internet?

Old 03-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

You probably don't encounter this because you could squash the other guy with a swipe of your paw.
No not really.....Because this is how I respond to them............

They haven't seen any big bucks because they're too busy pushing them to you so you don't kill them.

Quick Reply: Question for "mature buck" advocates

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.