Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question for "mature buck" advocates >

Question for "mature buck" advocates

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question for "mature buck" advocates

Old 03-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Question for "mature buck" advocates

ORIGINAL: nodog

Look inward.

Why do you care enough to ask in a post about it?
Great question
Old 03-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Site Buck Guru

I think that next year we should have the smallest buck contest (excluding nubbins of course). [:-]
Old 03-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: nodog

Look inward.

Why do you care enough to ask in a post about it?
Great question
Trying to understand, I guess... Wondering what is fueling the movement to further restrict what deer I can shoot.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Dominant Buck

I'll whack a 140 pound6pointbuck over an 80 pound doe any day. It's a lot more meat. They don't eat that differently. You don't always get a doe tag besides that. I got one last fall for the first time in 3 years in NY, and I saved it for a 130 pound dressed doe.[8D] I don't care about eating an old beat up rutted up gnarly old deer.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Its just a way of raising the bar a little for some of us whom have gotten past the point where just killing a buck is not quite as satisfying as it used to be. For some that skill level will never be achieved,for others its just the first step.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Its just a way of raising the bar a little for some of us whom have gotten past the point where just killing a buck is not quite as satisfying as it used to be. For some that skill level will never be achieved,for others its just the first step.
So I guess you're saying that if we're not a self proclaimed "Trophy hunter" we don't have the skills. Now that right there has to be one of the most arrogant arguements I've ever heard. But, if you believe that... that's fine. I don't really care. LOL
Old 03-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bowhunting is or at least should be a personal sport. You should set your own goals whatever they are and be content with them. My goals have changed through the years. The worst thing I hate to see is someone ridicule someone for what they have killed and are proud off. It won't happen here! You'll always get a handshake from me when you take any animal with a Bow.

Dan
Old 03-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Dominant Buck

I can't say what magicman said any better. That was great.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

So I guess you're saying that if we're not a self proclaimed "Trophy hunter" we don't have the skills. Now that right there has to be one of the most arrogant arguements I've ever heard. But, if you believe that... that's fine. I don't really care. LOL
look .........he ask a very simple question, I gave him my point of veiw. And of course you care because you took the time to tap out your very own narrow minded reply.When you stsrt paying for my tags then yo can tell me what to shoot.
Reread it and see if you can find the word trophy in there any where.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

As MeanV said, it's a personal choice for me. I set my personal goals and if a buck doesn't meet them I don't shoot him. I'm fortunate in that I can get a lot of doe tags so I have the luxury of being selective. For those that don't that's fine. If someone wants to shoot a small buck, or a button buck that's up to them. If they're happy with it, good for them. As long as you're happy with what you are doing and meeting your personal goals you're doing OK in my book.

Quick Reply: Question for "mature buck" advocates

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.