Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i have a problem >

i have a problem

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i have a problem

Old 03-02-2008, 09:21 PM

Default i have a problem

...i purchased a fred bear instinct bow last year in the month of october. i have only about 300-500 shots in the bow from that month till now..well heres where my problem comes in...im not sure what its called but its part of the cam...ill post a pik to show yall..

see the goldish part...you cant see it on this pik but it isnt flush with the cam...

now on the second pik[kinda blurry] but you can see the edge of where it sticks outof the cam in which it was supposed to be flush with..

im not sure what to do..can i still return it to bass pro? do i call fred bear?

Old 03-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: i have a problem

So what your saying is that piece is creeping out? That is a problem and I'd definately contact either the dealer or manufacturer.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Can you put som e super glue on it and push it back in?
Old 03-02-2008, 09:28 PM

It is the perimeter weight for your cam.....I would take it back to where you purchased the bow and have them take a look at it.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:34 PM

yeah guys look at the second pik and you could see the edge of that part that is sticking out...i kno for a fact that it was not me that made this happen...i have rarely used hte bow and when i have i have taken the best of care of it...i just happened to look at it this past weekend and found this out....[:@][:@]...i really just dont know what to do....i was thinkin the best and easiest thing to do would be to take it back to basspro shop but i dont know if the store can do anything about the problem...the last thing i want to do is call the manufacturer cus that means ill probly have to mail it some where...
Old 03-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Typical Buck

This was a problem with the perimeter weights on bear and jennings bows. The weights are pressed in then stamped to keep them in place. Lets just say the stamping process is not the best. I had a jennings ck3.1r that had the same thing happen before I got it. The shop owner tapped it back in place,put three small stamp marks with a punch, and that was it. You could barely tell it had been messed with. You have a great bow, and that is probably the only problem you will have with it. cheers
Old 03-03-2008, 12:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would advise you to take it back to the place you bought it. Otherwise you will be messing with the warrenty!
Old 03-03-2008, 12:42 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Take it back to Bass Pro. They should help you since you bought it from them.

Tim
Old 03-03-2008, 06:09 AM

Id take it back to where i bought it from and have them check it out and see what they say first before you send it to the manufacturer.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:54 AM

yeah thanks alot guys i guess ill have to take it back to basspro....[:@]...man i have bad luck with buying products.....im goin to call them just to see if they could do anything at all...hopefully i can just get a new one....but then i have to get it all setup again...

thanks for all the help .....

brandon

Quick Reply: i have a problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.