Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best state to live in? >

Best state to live in?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best state to live in?

Old 03-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Best state to live in?

Nebraska
Home of the best college football team ever, not to mention the awesome hunting and fishing
Old 03-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

outside of columbia south carolina i have family down there and it is a beatiful place.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:43 PM
ubu

By all means, GEORGIA, and not just anywhere in Georgia but SOUTH GEORGIA. We have about 4 1/2 months of deer season, we have 98 public management areas to hunt throughout the state with an average acreage of about 10,000 and can harvest 12 deer every year, 10 does and 2 bucks. Hogs can be hunted year round on private land and are plentiful and some huge. (i am sure everyone has heard of HOGZILLA) Freshwater and saltwater fishing is also nearby. So here you can outdoors year round. Gee, did I miss anything?
Old 03-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go Wolverines.!!!!!!!..stay here and soak up those Salmon in Muskegon. The Michigan hunters are starting to realize that they need to let them grow too (DEER)....be patient my friend....although a beach in SC sounds nice right now[8D]
Old 03-06-2008, 06:35 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

Go Wolverines.!!!!!!!..stay here and soak up those Salmon in Muskegon. The Michigan hunters are starting to realize that they need to let them grow too (DEER)....be patient my friend....although a beach in SC sounds nice right now[8D]
Be patient, It's been going on for as long as I remember. I'm 37 now and i would say for 15 years the mentality is terrible. I hate hearing I only have 3 days off to get a deer. Maybe you shouldn't be out there. That's how accidents can happen. I can see a new young hunter while growing up taking a few bucks on the smaller side, educating himself, growing confidence, then having the confidence and maturity to control himself and be more selective. I know my two little boys will be shown not to have trigger finger.
I hunt some family land that "friends" occassionly hunt on, and they shoot whatever is brown. There isn't very large racked old bucks running around southwest michigan. There still is alot of land and tons of food on the land, were not lacking. There could be Plenty of Trophy racks like other midwest states have if people would practice better deer management. There are a TON of deer in michigan, amazing!
I like Wisconsin's rule, you must shoot a doe before you can get a buck tag.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:20 AM

minn. deer bear some elk wolf

Old 03-06-2008, 05:35 PM

New to the forums, Central Florida, Fishing and Hunting and video!
Old 03-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

I live in Lansing MI (in the heart of lower MI) hunting isnt that bad but too many people just shooting every deer that they see. I am just out of college and I am looking for a job and MI SUCKS!! I am looking to go a little south. I just want to stay in the simular deer hunting atmossphere...no damn desert hunting.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:25 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Myersbuck

I live in Lansing MI (in the heart of lower MI) hunting isnt that bad but too many people just shooting every deer that they see. I am just out of college and I am looking for a job and MI SUCKS!! I am looking to go a little south. I just want to stay in the simular deer hunting atmossphere...no damn desert hunting.
Your young and with your whole life ahead of you. GET OUT OF MICHIGAN. It will be the best thing you can do. This state will be the worst off state in the country for a LONG TIME. More jobs will be leaving and never coming back. Like John Mccain said 2months ago, Jobs are not coming back! More trouble ahead for atleast the next 10 years, wait til the automakers really collapse and gas will be 4$ per gallon soon.If youlook at the moving companies their statssay that 65% of their business is moving people out ofmichigan. That's staggering! It's been that percentage for a couple years. Better yourself by moving on. You will also notice that the bucks will be larger and better managed.

Good Luck