Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ill Bucks are running the show, not DNR >

Ill Bucks are running the show, not DNR

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ill Bucks are running the show, not DNR

Old 03-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Ill Bucks are running the show, not DNR

Where can I get a lease for acre in ILL

LLC here is issues we are having in MI. People are not shooting the does, just bucks. In MI we do not care about size
My guess is in ILL the problem would be worse, but I really do not know.

I think ? is: Have we shot ourselves in the foot(like mobow said) with the big buck craze?
Old 03-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm not sure if deer are as bad on young soybeans or wheat as they are on corn, but they are over $10 a bushel, so the cost/benefit ratio of leasing under SOME circumstances would likely be even greater. Also, if those same deer are damn near wiping out your garden and fuit trees, then that factors in as well.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

I'm not sure if deer are as bad on young soybeans or wheat as they are on corn, but they are over $10 a bushel, so the cost/benefit ratio of leasing under SOME circumstances would likely be even greater. Also, if those same deer are damn near wiping out your garden and fuit trees, then that factors in as well.
Lanse,
It's harder to estimate what kind of loss you are getting on beans and wheat, because you see the loss there in stand count, and there are so many variables that can effect the stand of these crops it's hard to fuigure what was deer, what was weather, insects, the whole lot. But yeah, with beans at $13, and wheat at close to $18, it don't take many bushels of loss to start putting a sting in the pocket book of growers. It's funny though, cash being the most tangible estimate of value, growers get more fed up with the price of things that are going to help them grow a crop ie. fertilizer and land, and don't say much about the things that are costing them production, ie. deer, weeds, insects. But as I said, money talks, and the rest is in your imagination.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Germ,

Twenty an acre is about the standard price getting paid in the area where i own land. And the answer to your question is we havent just shot ourselves in the foot, we have blown the whole damn foot off.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Germ,

Twenty an acre is about the standard price getting paid in the area where i own land. And the answer to your question is we havent just shot ourselves in the foot, we have blown the whole damn foot off.
Dam guys are paying more than that here in MI[&:]
Old 03-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Depending on what part of the state, some outfitters pay more to lease. In addition, some outfitters pay an additional fee to the landowner for each hunter they have brought in. A few outfitters also pay a bonus to the landowner for minimum size bucks taken by hunters.

Illinois will not lower the amount of non-resident tags.....if they sell the additional 5,000 tags they made available for 2008, just based on the $400 permit fee alone that is an extra $2 Million for the state.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would love to see what exactly happens with that extra 2 million.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

We had the outfitter discussion a few weeks ago, and I was led to believe by those I was arguing with that outfitters are the savior of the Illinois deer herd. Let's see what kind of discussion this read brings up. I'm interested to see how those of you involved in outfitters are going to twist this one.
Don't get me started on the outfitters[:@]. We have wannabe outfitters pop up everywhere these days. It doesn't take much to get an outfitter license, just pay the fee, lease up a bunch of land and voila...start advertising. Hell, a local wealthy podiatrist bought up some land, leased more, and is now selling hunts. I am sick and tired of hearing the pro-outfitting side here in Illinois boast how they made Illinois deer hunting. BS! If it wasn't for the deer the outfitters wouldn't be here. At one time Illinois had a good management program in place, of course thats been several years ago before budget cuts and control was taken away from the DNR.

Many non-residents think Illinois resident hunters have it so good. We no longer do because its slipping away due to greed and idiotic politicians who are swayed by and in bed with the outfitters and chamber of commerce. The government of Illinois could care less about their own people.[:@]
AMEN, BROTHER!
Old 03-06-2008, 07:28 AM

we need a no buck year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

WeIllinois residents know.... that if it means more money and is not good for this state, the politicians will still go for it. How many Illinois politicos got free hunts this year with outfitters? Or had friends get free hunts through outfitters? Illinois revolves around corruption and the "who will give the most money to win my support attitude?"

I moved here ten years ago and love the sporting life but not the political side of this state. Chicago is a cess pool of sleaze bags that run the whole state's interestsfrom one city. I have never known anything like it.

Quick Reply: Ill Bucks are running the show, not DNR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.