Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GTO Crackerized

Old 02-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: GTO Crackerized

So now if some one comes up with a lame brained idea, can we use the phrase "he's a few strands shy of astandard string"
Old 02-29-2008, 12:35 PM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

So now if some one comes up with a lame brained idea, can we use the phrase "he's a few strands shy of a standard string"

LMAO!!! That is a great line. I will have to use that sometime.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

So now if some one comes up with a lame brained idea, can we use the phrase "he's a few strands shy of astandard string"
Why do I see that being used on some of Quik's ideas?

J/K Frannie.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have personally read hundreds of feedbacks on work he has done for numerous customers and guess what?I have NEVER heard a bad thing from anyone who actually had Crackers work on their bow.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:39 PM

Cracker's tunes a bow. He does what some bow owners are not capeable of or want to do. Think about this for a second.ALL cams have a sweet spot in their rotation. It may not be at the spot the factory set it at.But they won't tell you that or even HOW to find it. How many of you have bought a new bow and not been able to get the BC speed? Mike "Crackers"Carter takes the time to find the sweet spot in the cam,optimal ATA and BH, etc.And may change a spec or two along the way.

And for the record ,he DOES NOT USE LESS STRANDs in his strings unless the warranty allows for it. He may build a set Not to factory spec. , but it's the length he maychange depending on the tune (cam rotation).

I've never had Cracker's tune my bows, but if you listen , you can pick up on his tricks.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

No doubt, he is great at what he does and provides a good servicefor those thatrequire such.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

ORIGINAL: PA Hardwoods

I read all the stuff about him, but I just can't see his tweaking out the performance from a bow making the least bit difference in whether or not a critter I shoot at ends up dead.

Rybo Crackers has a little secret to his tuning of bows. Honestly He doesn't do anything real special to your bow to get the speed. All I will say about his secret is. LESS STRANDS

Honestly Germ save your bucks
That's what I was afraid his secret was.

Crackers is very talented when it comes to working with bows. He took Bowtech parts from several bows and put them together to come up with a bow that had a very nice brace, good speed, and great shootability. I think he called it the Declaration or something like that.

With the tuning though you may be better off doing it yourself. I know any time I have anything done to my bow at the shop the first thing I do is get it home and re-tune it because nobody knows it better than me.

Besides, the value of the newstrings isn't that great considering the GTO comes with a quality string stock.
Don't be so sure. There are several unhappy owners with their strings on their GTO. Just check out the Elite forums.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does Crackers tune(Crackerized) other brands of Bows or just the GTO's?

All this talk has me wanting to buy a Elite GTO or see about having him tune the Bow I have!
Old 02-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GTOHunter

All this talk has me wanting to buy a Elite GTO or see about having him tune the Bow I have!
He has tuned a lot of bowtechs also.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: GTOHunter

He has tuned a lot of bowtechs also.
Why?? Because they NEED it.....

Quick Reply: GTO Crackerized

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.