HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   My thoughts on leasing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/234927-my-thoughts-leasing.html)

Germ 02-28-2008 03:18 PM

RE: My thoughts on leasing

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

So much for my dream bear and moose hunting trip to Thunder Bay, CA [:'(]
LCC if you want to bear hunt PM me. Get a permit for MI, I will set you up;)

hardcorehunter 02-28-2008 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: Howler

Hardcore....didn't you and the Mrs. PAY to go on a bear hunt? In essence you just paid to lease that land albeit of only the duration of the hunt.

Sounds a little hypocritical.......

[blockquote]quote:

Well we had an opportunity that fell into our laps and and we had to take it. A buddy let me know that he has a bearhunt that is for two hunters in Canada that is a $2900 hunt, but we can take it for $1200 as he can't go. Cabin, food, everything except our booze; the SUPER DELUXE PACKAGE!!! Hoytgirl is going on her 1st bear hunt and this will be my 7th. I love bear hunting; quite a rush to see a bear walk in. We will be using archery equipment of course. I contacted the bearguide and checked out his website and it looks like a great place with references provided. We will be hunting Sept 2nd thru the 8th. WE ARE GOING [/blockquote]

So it's OK for you to PAY for a bear hunt and thus ADDING to the ever growing problem of land leases YET you denounce leases....Huh

[blockquote]quote:

Go ahead and lease all you want, but I believe you are cutting your own throats in the long run. It is a no win, greed for ground situation, that can have no positive outcome on huntingIMO
[/blockquote]

One can easily say "go ahead and PAY an outfitter to hunt, that will only add to more land tracts being purchased for lease and outfitters, therefore cutting our own throats in the long run" right?

Let me guess.....Paying for a bear hunt doesn't count right.:eek:

If a farmer wants to lease HIS land then he has the right, if an outfitter wants to SELL hunts HE has the right. They BOTH go hand in hand and for some it works for others it doesn't, it doesn't make it wrong or evil...it's capitalism.

In case HCH missed it;)
Funny we have yet to see a comment on this or the questions I ask about where a deer was shot.
It's called I am busy.I do most of my hunting on my 30 acres with hunting rights due to my good behavior and not my checkbook, and my wife likes to hunt her Dad's land. You still haven't answered why guys weren't charged .05 a rabbit in the depression or why myself, my grandparents, or my dad don't have to pay to hunt?

Howler 02-28-2008 03:20 PM

Hey, there's always AK., besides they have bigger moose and bear up there than CA does, and 38% of all USA public owned land in is AK, so you won't have any trouble finding space that's uncrowded!

Germ 02-28-2008 03:21 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Hardcore....didn't you and the Mrs. PAY to go on a bear hunt? In essence you just paid to lease that land albeit of only the duration of the hunt.

[blockquote]quote:

Well we had an opportunity that fell into our laps and and we had to take it. A buddy let me know that he has a bearhunt that is for two hunters in Canada that is a $2900 hunt, but we can take it for $1200 as he can't go. Cabin, food, everything except our booze; the SUPER DELUXE PACKAGE!!! Hoytgirl is going on her 1st bear hunt and this will be my 7th. I love bear hunting; quite a rush to see a bear walk in. We will be using archery equipment of course. I contacted the bearguide and checked out his website and it looks like a great place with references provided. We will be hunting Sept 2nd thru the 8th. WE ARE GOING [/blockquote]

So it's OK for you to PAY for a bear hunt and thus ADDING to the ever growing problem of land leases YET you denounce leases....Huh

[blockquote]quote:

Go ahead and lease all you want, but I believe you are cutting your own throats in the long run. It is a no win, greed for ground situation, that can have no positive outcome on huntingIMO
[/blockquote]

One can easily say "go ahead and PAY an outfitter to hunt, that will only add to more land tracts being purchased for lease and outfitters, therefore cutting our own throats in the long run" right?

If a farmer wants to lease HIS land then he has the right, if an outfitter wants to SELL hunts HE has the right. They BOTH go hand in hand and for some it works for others it doesn't, it doesn't make it wrong or evil...it's capitalism.

In case HCH missed it;)
Funny we have yet to see a comment on this or the questions I ask about where a deer was shot.
It's called I am busy.I do most of my hunting on my 30 acres with hunting rights due to my good behavior and not my checkbook, and my wife likes to hunt her Dad's land. You still haven't answered why guys weren't charged .05 a rabbit in the depression or why myself, my grandparents, or my dad don't have to pay to hunt?
I was not asking you;)
If I have to explain difference between 1930's and now, well lets just say we do not have time;)

Lanse couche couche 02-28-2008 03:21 PM

Nobody had 5 cents to pay for a rabbit. And rabbits are of low nutritional value so that nickel would have been better spent on a pound of beans and a piece of salt pork.

And a bear hunt in Michigan would be nice. If that could happen i could set you up with deer or turkey on my land.

hardcorehunter 02-28-2008 03:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

LCC if you want to bear hunt PM me. Get a permit for MI, I will set you up;)
I have been on 8 bear hunts in different camps over the years and there are always MIhunters in our camps each year. They say MI sucks for bear hunting and that is why they are in Canada.

Howler 02-28-2008 03:22 PM

You still haven't answered why guys weren't charged .05 a rabbit in the depression
That's easy, rabbit's don't have BIG antlers![8D]

hardcorehunter 02-28-2008 03:23 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

[blockquote]quote:

[blockquote]quote:

[/blockquote]

In case HCH missed it;)
I was not asking you;)
If I have to explain difference between 1930's and now, well lets just say we do not have time;)
Oh, I know the difference between the 30's and now. Times were hard then and times are easy now. Americans have never had it so good financially. Still waiting for your answer.

hardcorehunter 02-28-2008 03:23 PM

You still haven't answered why guys weren't charged .05 a rabbit in the depression
That's easy, rabbit's don't have BIG antlers![8D]
Bingo!!!!!!! GREED!!!!!!!!!

Cougar Mag 02-28-2008 03:24 PM

I am sure big farmers are doing well, but it's the little guys who are suffering.
Funny though that the majority of landowners who lease their ground is the big landowners or corporate farmers. As hard as it is, its much easier to gain permission to hunt on land owned by a small landowner than it is by a large landowner. By the way, the little guys suffer because they don't farm nearly as much land. Most smaller farmers also work regular jobs, my dad did.

Just ask Illinois about that. 4th year in a row they have voted to increase the number of out-of-state tags. I am just glad that not every hunter has to put up with what Illinois hunters has to
The people didn't vote, only the members appointed by our politicians to a special committee each year. I have no problem with non-resident hunters being here. What I do have a problem with is our state caters to special interests and could care less about resident hunters.

Back to leasing and to a subject of why some hunters cannot or do not lease........has anyone mentioned the fact that most of the best hunting land is found in relatively small populated rural areas where job prospects are fewer and salaries are generally less. Many local hunters in those locations simply cannot justify leasing to hunt because their budget doesn't allow it. That is when outfitters step in and take over or non-residents with big money lease the land. Reminds me of what I was told when I entered the telecommunication program in college. The director repeatedly reminded us that southern Illinois is not the mecca for telecomm and neither are jobs , so be prepared to move.