Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My thoughts on leasing >

My thoughts on leasing

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My thoughts on leasing

Old 02-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Banned

Default RE: My thoughts on leasing

Not directed at anybody; just don't cry when your lease is lost due to the highest bidder, afterall leasing is cool and the good old days of gaining access onto land was bad, right?
I can see it now, every year an ad placed by the landowner in the local paper:

"Huntingland leaseis about to expire and the to highest bidder it goes. 1200 acres of river bottom in Clay county. Auction starts at 10:00 am on March 1, 2008. Don't be late. Auction by Joe Blow Auction Service, Bumflint,MI Call 212-666-8880 for any questions on this parcel."

Like I said, leasing doesn't affect me; it does you guys that approve of it though. Hope you get the high bid. Good luck!!!!!!!!! I 'll be pulling for ya.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Lease or buy. If i had the slightest clue that things were gonna get like this i would now own 190 acres instead of 19. Not that I'm not thankful for what i do have.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hardcore....didn't you and the Mrs. PAY to go on a bear hunt? In essence you just paid to lease that land albeit of only the duration of the hunt.

Sounds a little hypocritical.......

[blockquote]quote:

Well we had an opportunity that fell into our laps and and we had to take it. A buddy let me know that he has a bearhunt that is for two hunters in Canada that is a $2900 hunt, but we can take it for $1200 as he can't go. Cabin, food, everything except our booze; the SUPER DELUXE PACKAGE!!! Hoytgirl is going on her 1st bear hunt and this will be my 7th. I love bear hunting; quite a rush to see a bear walk in. We will be using archery equipment of course. I contacted the bearguide and checked out his website and it looks like a great place with references provided. We will be hunting Sept 2nd thru the 8th. WE ARE GOING [/blockquote]

So it's OK for you to PAY for a bear hunt and thus ADDING to the ever growing problem of land leases YET you denounce leases....Huh

[blockquote]quote:

Go ahead and lease all you want, but I believe you are cutting your own throats in the long run. It is a no win, greed for ground situation, that can have no positive outcome on huntingIMO
[/blockquote]

One can easily say "go ahead and PAY an outfitter to hunt, that will only add to more land tracts being purchased for lease and outfitters, therefore cutting our own throats in the long run" right?

Let me guess.....Paying for a bear hunt doesn't count right.

If a farmer wants to lease HIS land then he has the right, if an outfitter wants to SELL hunts HE has the right. They BOTH go hand in hand and for some it works for others it doesn't, it doesn't make it wrong or evil...it's capitalism.
In case HCH missed it
Old 02-28-2008, 03:09 PM

I don't "approve" of it! I hate it. Trust me, I'm always looking for a better deal.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Not directed at anybody; just don't cry when your lease is lost due to the highest bidder, afterall leasing is cool and the good old days of gaining access onto land was bad, right?
I can see it now, every year an ad placed by the landowner in the local paper:

"Huntingland leaseis about to expire and the to highest bidder it goes. 1200 acres of river bottom in Clay county. Auction starts at 10:00 am on March 1, 2008. Don't be late. Auction by Joe Blow Auction Service, Bumflint,MI Call 212-666-8880 for any questions on this parcel."

Like I said, leasing doesn't affect me; it does you guys that approve of it though. Hope you get the high bid. Good luck!!!!!!!!! I 'll be pulling for ya.
Well I own my land Being you have posted about it on two boards now, it's affecting you I don't give it a second thoguht, I looked at some land in Ohio. Was told the price and said no thx

BTW it's Clare county MI and just Flint Keep worring how others make and spend money
Old 02-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Howler

Hardcore....didn't you and the Mrs. PAY to go on a bear hunt? In essence you just paid to lease that land albeit of only the duration of the hunt.

[blockquote]quote:

Well we had an opportunity that fell into our laps and and we had to take it. A buddy let me know that he has a bearhunt that is for two hunters in Canada that is a $2900 hunt, but we can take it for $1200 as he can't go. Cabin, food, everything except our booze; the SUPER DELUXE PACKAGE!!! Hoytgirl is going on her 1st bear hunt and this will be my 7th. I love bear hunting; quite a rush to see a bear walk in. We will be using archery equipment of course. I contacted the bearguide and checked out his website and it looks like a great place with references provided. We will be hunting Sept 2nd thru the 8th. WE ARE GOING [/blockquote]

So it's OK for you to PAY for a bear hunt and thus ADDING to the ever growing problem of land leases YET you denounce leases....Huh

[blockquote]quote:

Go ahead and lease all you want, but I believe you are cutting your own throats in the long run. It is a no win, greed for ground situation, that can have no positive outcome on huntingIMO
[/blockquote]

One can easily say "go ahead and PAY an outfitter to hunt, that will only add to more land tracts being purchased for lease and outfitters, therefore cutting our own throats in the long run" right?

If a farmer wants to lease HIS land then he has the right, if an outfitter wants to SELL hunts HE has the right. They BOTH go hand in hand and for some it works for others it doesn't, it doesn't make it wrong or evil...it's capitalism.
In case HCH missed it
Funny we have yet to see a comment on this or the questions I ask about where a deer was shot.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

Well we had an opportunity that fell into our laps and and we had to take it. A buddy let me know that he has a bearhunt that is for two hunters in Canada that is a $2900 hunt, but we can take it for $1200 as he can't go. Cabin, food, everything except our booze; the SUPER DELUXE PACKAGE!!! Hoytgirl is going on her 1st bear hunt and this will be my 7th. I love bear hunting; quite a rush to see a bear walk in. We will be using archery equipment of course. I contacted the bearguide and checked out his website and it looks like a great place with references provided. We will be hunting Sept 2nd thru the 8th. WE ARE GOING

I did miss this post. Answer, CANADA REQUIRES AN OUTFITTER TO DO ANY TYPE OF HUNTING BY NONRESIDENTS.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

Well we had an opportunity that fell into our laps and and we had to take it. A buddy let me know that he has a bearhunt that is for two hunters in Canada that is a $2900 hunt, but we can take it for $1200 as he can't go. Cabin, food, everything except our booze; the SUPER DELUXE PACKAGE!!! Hoytgirl is going on her 1st bear hunt and this will be my 7th. I love bear hunting; quite a rush to see a bear walk in. We will be using archery equipment of course. I contacted the bearguide and checked out his website and it looks like a great place with references provided. We will be hunting Sept 2nd thru the 8th. WE ARE GOING

I did miss this post. Answer, CANADA REQUIRES AN OUTFITTER TO DO ANY TYPE OF HUNTING BY NONRESIDENTS.
So why pay, in MI you can bear hunt for free Hell HCH I would let you use our cabin and save you some cash. Instead you leased land and added to the problem, thx

Serious if you want to bear hunt, I have a place for you to stay. And 1 million acers to hunt on for free. Just cut a load wood for the fire place
Old 02-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

So much for my dream bear and moose hunting trip to Thunder Bay, CA [:'(]
Old 02-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't believe how far this thread keeps going.

To each his/her own.

Quick Reply: My thoughts on leasing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.