Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My thoughts on leasing >

My thoughts on leasing

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My thoughts on leasing

Old 02-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My thoughts on leasing

ORIGINAL: Germ

So when you lived in Iowa is this were you shot your deer and yote? If so there are some lucky locals in Iowa

Another way to help with the leasing issue is do what Iowa does. Limit out of state tags, the more tags for out of staters, the more outfitters. It truly is a money game.

Just ask Illinois about that. 4th year in a row they have voted to increase the number of out-of-state tags. I am just glad that not every hunter has to put up with what Illinois hunter have to.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Banned

but yours are always why am I not getting something for free
Where did I say anything about free? Being neighborly and helpful comes at a cost; but you evidentally don't believe in that kind of payment. It went out in the 30's, right?[:'(]
Old 02-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

As long as there is a buttload of deer all over Illinois and out-of-state permits are a major cash cow, nothing will be done.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

but yours are always why am I not getting something for free
Where did I say anything about free? Being neighborly and helpful comes at a cost; but you evidentally don't believe in that kind of payment. It went out in the 30's, right?[:'(]
Really where did I say thatHey I cut you a load of wood, Oak. Can you come spray my house?
Old 02-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

On the bright side of the debate is the fact that about 21 states have started some form of private-land-access programs and have opened approx. 26,799,824 acres to the public. For instance, KS. only has about 2% of public owned land, but that state has started a walk-in program, read as LEASE, and has opened approx. 1,000,000 acres that can now be hunted by the public.
There is no doubt that finding private land to hunt without paying cash to do so is getting tougher, but there are still opportunitys to be found.
And, if you think that the subsidies are making any farmers rich, you don't know much about farming. CRP, for instance, makes less per acre than a successful crop of corn, soybean, wheat, milo, etc. Even with the record breaking cash crop prices of today, let's not forget that the price of fertilizer, diesel, ammonia, property taxes, etc. are also at record levels. No farmer is getting rich in a hurry. The best thing any farmer has going for him is IF he owns his land. Land prices are going through the roof in the last three years. BUT with those record setting land prices, comes higher property taxes!
Old 02-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Banned

I do the barter system with clients. A load of wood for a spray job is equal value; sounds good to me.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope that KS has made some laws allowing only in-state hunters, otherwise that land too will be over ran with out-of-state hunters looking to score big. It might be a step in the right direction, but still far from solving the problem.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Howler,

You should check out some of the houses owned by cotton and sugar planters down south who benefit from subsidies. Of course that's not true for everybody, but like i said there can sometimes be a fine line between giving people a hand and giving them a free ride.

the program you describe sounds like South Dakota's. Like i said before, if everyone lives within a short distance of large tracts of public access land, then a lot of these problems will disappear overnight.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does that load of wood or spray job have a value? Then you are paying, no different than if you giving them cash. I would be glad to help out any way I can, but the truth is, helping out around the farm does not compare to $10,000 cash. I love the fact that you can only see things one way. Must be nice to walk thru life with blinders on.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I do the barter system with clients. A load of wood for a spray job is equal value; sounds good to me.
Perfect let me know when your in MI

Quick Reply: My thoughts on leasing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.