Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bragging board.... Your "biggest" accomplishment ? >

Bragging board.... Your "biggest" accomplishment ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bragging board.... Your "biggest" accomplishment ?

Old 02-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bragging board.... Your "biggest" accomplishment ?

My biggest accomplishments could easily be the 140" P@Y buck I got this last year or my 20 5/16 P@Y bear I got in 2000. Neither one of them hunts compare though to what I've tried to do for my friends and family while were bear hunting in Northern Minnesota. I put my family and friends 1st specially when bear hunting. I could of easily sat on this bait last year and shot this 19 9/16 P@Y bear but instead I wanted my long time buddy to score on a nice bear instead. The smile on there face makes the hunt so special to me. Here's the pic...

Old 02-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is the only "big" buck I've ever taken. It was Oct 2006 at my buddies farm in Illinois. I took my dad and we had the most memorable hunt of our lives. I made a bad shot (too far back) but my dad took me to school and taught me how to track a deer. That man was amazing. I NEVER would have found that deer if not for him. We kicked it up 24 hours after I shot him, backed out for another day, and found him 100 yards from where we kicked him up the first time - 2 days after the shot! You should have seen how happy he was when he found that buck! It's my best hunting memory ever.

That's my dad on the left, my cousin Tim in the middle, and me on the right.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Just having fun. There isn't any set of horns or size of a critter that over shadows my ultimate goal and achievment.... having fun and occasionally hearing "TWACK". I've made that my goal since day one. It hasn't changed. Sure... I've shot big deer for my woods. I can't tell you their "Inches" of hornor any of that. But that doesn't really matter. I've outfoxed some crafty bucks and really felt good about it. But it all comes back to just having fun. Enjoy the successes, the failures and everything in between. Just put me out there and it's all gravy. My greatest success.... just having fun and doing it.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang I can't come up with just one thing in the woods I have done that I would consider my biggest acomplishment. If we are talking kills this years buck is my biggest. I got him with a shotgun though I typicaly am a bowhunter. The best part was my Dad and Grandfather came soon after I shot him to take a look. My grandfather is 85.

Grandpa and me and my 2007 buck.

Dad and me

My first buck was also a great acomplishment for me. I shot him with a bow from the ground at 20 feet. Not a big one but my first buck and a true trophy for me.

I think more than any deer I've killed, taken a a boy from church hunting a couple times this year was a great thing. He's been sick (bad kidney problems) and realy wanted to go so I took him out twice and put him in my stand I used to kill my buck. I hung a stand in the same tree so I could be beside him. We had a half rack buck at 35 yards, unfortunatly buck fever hit him hard and he didn't get a shot off. It snowed on us that day pretty good. Realy a nearly perfect hunt.

Chris out the day we had the buck at 35 yards. (Shotgun)

During ML season out where my buck fell.

Then there is my daughter. She's the oldest of my 5 children. She's 12. I've taken her almost every year since she was 2. Last year I decided to take her out with a ML. I let her shoot until I was comfortable with a 40 yard shot or so. She had deer in front of her last year broadside but didn't see them fast enough. Well this year I put her in my stand in late ML season at the end of December. She was getting cold and it was the best time of the evening. I asked her if she could wait and she said ok. Within a dew minutes I hear a grunt in front of us about 50 yards out. I tell her to get her head up, she was looking down at the leaves on the ground through the stand. She looks up and must have seen them first. I see them at about 15 yards. Two does walking toward us or at least past us. My daugter is up and ready already. I say "shoot the lead doe" then I have to say "wait! there is a buck" there was great 8 point following the does. My daughter is ready and goes to take the safety off and cannot get it off. The does are now at 10 yards and the buck is at 15. My daughter had him if only we could get the safety off. I had to move to do it for her and the does spooked taking the buck. I got him stopped at 30 yards but he was facing away. I was proud of her for passing the shot because he wasn't broadside. Anyway a great hunt and she's ready for season to start again.

I guess thats my best few things. I could list other things too. I loved taking the kids out. I'll be doing much more of it in the future.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope my biggest accomplishment is yet to come. But to date I would have to say that my biggest accomplishment is the incredable journey my hunting has taken me on. So many hunts forever burnt into my memory. Theeuphorichighs and the gut wrenching lows. The awesome people and places. The life lessons that hunting has taught me. Growing and maturing as a person and conservationist. Below are the pics of my first rifle and bow deer. These are special to me because they represent the beginning of my journey. I hope my final pics are very far off in the future. I have shot some nice deer and if you wish to see them please visit my web page listed in my signature. I have really enjoyed this post and getting to see everyone's accompishments. Good job all!

Old 02-26-2008, 11:08 PM

Hey magicman, I figured one of your biggest would be patching up a leaking roof under a foot of snow! LOL. How did you make out today???
Old 02-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Goodgrief

Hey magicman, I figured one of your biggest would be patching up a leaking roof under a foot of snow! LOL. How did you make out today???
thanks for asking. I chipped ice until about 2:30 am then got up at 7 and removed snow and ice until noon. everything is under contol.Once again high & dry!
Old 02-26-2008, 11:30 PM

I would have to say my biggest accomplishment is just getting into hunting, after high school two years ago I finally had enough time to start hunting in college and enjoy every minute of it.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:48 PM

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

ORIGINAL: Goodgrief

thanks for asking. I chipped ice until about 2:30 am then got up at 7 and removed snow and ice until noon. everything is under contol.Once again high & dry!
Now that my friend is one dangerous job, I've done it before, it is no fun. Glad to hear everything worked out, and you're all right. Been there, done that, thats why I remembered to ask.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:22 AM
Typical Buck

My biggest is taking or playing some role intaking these, even if they are gun kills:

Quick Reply: Bragging board.... Your "biggest" accomplishment ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.