Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bragging board.... Your "biggest" accomplishment ? >

Bragging board.... Your "biggest" accomplishment ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bragging board.... Your "biggest" accomplishment ?

Old 02-26-2008, 03:23 PM

Default RE: Bragging board.... Your "biggest" accomplishment ?

i think doing my homework and getting my daughter her first kill on her first hunt a doe. she was so happy hooked on hunting now and likes spending time with dad. Jordan was only eight and we practiced shooting all summer. I've killed numerous deer and several 130 plus deer but this has the best accomplish for me and her. being able to show her what hunting is all about.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:29 PM

Ok, I lied, this is my greatest accomplishment. 1997, shotgun, Nov 22, 8pts 23" inside spread, 4.4 " base.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:31 PM

One more !!

Old 02-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

This might sound a little weird, but my biggest accomplishment (well three) all happened this year. Only I wasn't the one to kill anything. I personally have not killed a buck with my bow but I have killed a few does. This past summer I helpedteachmy best friend, his older brother, and my dad all to bow hunt. Blake killed a great eight point, his brother killed a pretty nice nine point, and my dad killed a doe. This was all of their first seasons to bow hunt. I still can't even begin to explain how proud of these guys I am. I didn't get a chance to get pics of my dad's doe (he did though). But, here are the bucks. Oh and if it wasn't for use getting to all hunt this awesome land none of us would have shot anything this year!

Old 02-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

So far this is my best accomplishment, my first ('06) Alberta bow buck.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Justin and Duke aren't conceited..... They just love how awesome they are!
Nice Scott. Thanks for that.[8D]
Old 02-26-2008, 03:36 PM

I fulfilled 2 dreams of mine on November 17, 2006. 1st P&Y buck and 1st deer with a recurve.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

I'm most proud of the time when on opening day of Wisconsin gun season, a mature doe and her two fawns came walking right up to my stand from downwind. she laid down almost directly under my tree, and the two fawns proceeded to frolic (yeah, its the only time I ever saw something actually frolic) under me on the opposite side of the tree. they did this for 20 minutes or so, then they also laid down and all three slept for almost an hour, none more than five yards from the base of the tree I was in with a .270 and multiple anterless licenses, on the highest pressure day of the year. Eventually they were woken up by a car on the dirt road a hundred yards behind me, they slowly rose, and wandered away.I'd hunted successfully for years before that, but that was when I first really felt accepted as part of the woods, not just tolerated as someone entering it. Later that day, I shot a different mature doe, and a buck later that season, but being invited to enjoy playtime with that deer family has been my greatest hunting accomplishment.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Ok, I lied, this is my greatest accomplishment. 1997, shotgun, Nov 22, 8pts 23" inside spread, 4.4 " base.

Great buck Vabowman! That's what I call WIDE.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

26 consecutive bowkills over 11 years without a miss or lost/wounded deer.
Impressive and respect giving Ryan!! Awesome job!!

Quick Reply: Bragging board.... Your "biggest" accomplishment ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.