Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I just bought a new bow and now feel bad >

I just bought a new bow and now feel bad

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I just bought a new bow and now feel bad

Old 02-25-2008, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I just bought a new bow and now feel bad

easy there Rickie Bobby
ORIGINAL: mobow

Put your big boy pants on and make the decision.....what little one there actually is here....
Old 02-25-2008, 06:26 PM

First, If you already promised it to your buddy then I would sell it to him. That would be rude no matter who else wanted it. If you did decide not to sell it to him I would either make the preacher pay a fair price or sell it and donate the money to the church.

rick
Old 02-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

You give it to your buddy and then put a little xtra in the offering plate this Sunday!

What does your congregation do for him for pastor appreciation month(October)?
We send out a "secret" email to the congregation and ask them to give a little for this cause if they want.
We also give him gift certificates for restaurants or whatever.(your local Mathews dealer)
Old 02-25-2008, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

Here is the thing the guy that I first promised it to, wasn't to buy it, just try it out to see what he thought about bow hunting. He never really said that he wanted it. That is where the problem is. Do I wait time to see if he ever gets it or pass it off. Not really a friend of mine, but a friend of my wifes that she used to work with.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

If I were you I would ask that guy you promised it too if he is even interested in it. If he is then let him shoot it. If you didn't say he could have it and he likes itthen sell it to him for a reasonable price. With that money give it to your pastor in a form of a gift certificate so that he has to use it for archery. If the guy whoyou promised it to shows no interst then give it to your pastor. either way if you feel this bad the pastorshould reap the benefits from whatever profit there is.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heck if it's just a ex-coworker of the wife, heck with him....

Of course, you could just tell him the truth....
Old 02-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

God won't think any less of you for giving it to your friend instead of your Pastor.

EXACTLY!! If you told your freind that he could try it ...maybe he will not like it? Just explain the situaition to your pastor he will understand. Tell your pastor you will help find a new/used bow if he is looking.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:50 PM

You told your friend you would give it to him first so thats who you should give it to?
Old 02-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Give it to your buddy
Old 02-26-2008, 06:33 AM

I still dont understand why you feel you need to "give" it to the preacher to begin with. Most of the ones I have seen draw a pretty nice salary and should be able to buy one on their own.

If you had already talked to a guy previously about it I would let him decide whether or not he wants in nonetheless.

rick

Quick Reply: I just bought a new bow and now feel bad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.