Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need a little help to support bowtech....! >

Need a little help to support bowtech....!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need a little help to support bowtech....!

Old 02-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Need a little help to support bowtech....!

I had a mod screw fall out on Saturday while I was shooting. However I changed the draw length myself at the proshop and didn't use loc-tite when I put the new mods on.

So it was my fault not Bowtechs, On page 8 of the owners manual it says to use loc-tite on the mod screws. The reason Bowtech doesn't loc-tite the screws from the factory is that 9 times out of 10 the dealer will have to change mods for draw length like I had to.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet

I agree, its all about $. The shop owner doesn't carry BowTech for some reason, and seeing as how BowTech is going to be his biggest competitor against the bows that he is currently selling..... of course he is going to down talk them so he can try to make more money!
And I'm supposed to feel some kind of loyalty to business that practise this kind of deception? Not me. I'd be looking for the best deal anywhere if this was the case.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

I had a mod screw fall out on Saturday while I was shooting. However I changed the draw length myself at the proshop and didn't use loc-tite when I put the new mods on.

So it was my fault not Bowtechs, On page 8 of the owners manual it says to use loc-tite on the mod screws. The reason Bowtech doesn't loc-tite the screws from the factory is that 9 times out of 10 the dealer will have to change mods for draw length like I had to.
No excuse unless instructions are given to every shop that this must be done before they are sold. It's why you pay a professional in the first place. I understand you were the pro in this case.

Ya know they can make them so that they wouldn't need loktite. Why not avoid the bad pr all together?
Old 02-25-2008, 06:30 PM

Ive heard of mod screws coming out buta little string wax and i think you'll be good to go
Old 02-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

My buddy had a Bowtech Allegiance I think, maybe an 06. Whatever the model, there was a recall on the bow because of the limbs. Bowtech replaced it with an 08 82nd Airborne!!!!!
He loves Bowtechs.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:06 PM

Wow why couldn't that have happened to me...
Old 02-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pipecrew

My buddy had a Bowtech Allegiance I think, maybe an 06. Whatever the model, there was a recall on the bow because of the limbs. Bowtech replaced it with an 08 82nd Airborne!!!!!
He loves Bowtechs.
Are you SERIOUS??
Old 02-25-2008, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

ORIGINAL: pipecrew

He loves Bowtechs.
Are you SERIOUS??
I wish I could have seen your facewhen you read that.

...but i hope not for your sake
Old 02-25-2008, 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

On page 8 of the owners manual it says to use loc-tite on the mod screws. The reason Bowtech doesn't loc-tite the screws from the factory is that 9 times out of 10 the dealer will have to change mods for draw length like I had to.
Ding, Ding, Ding! Right here is the answer, four pages into this thread. Yes, most mod screws come loose and need to be tightened down. It says so right in the manual. So,nodog, there is an excuse, and a pretty good one. Why loc-tite something that verywell may need to be changed?

We don't loc-tite ours, and once we tighten them down, they have not come back loose.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Dominant Buck

ok.....so let me ask this......Has ANYONE HERE had ANY problems with there bowtech?
Honest question.. here's an honest answer. I do love my Bowtech Guardian... no question. It's so quiet, semi fast and absolutely no hand shock and all that other junk people get all wrapped up in.

BUT..... it's not the best shooter in the world. It's the nature of the beast. Form is so much more critical with it than it is say with my Darton Maverick. My Darton is still the joy of my life to shoot as far as draw cycle and feel and steadiness. Don't get me wrong, I do love my Guardian.... but my Darton is a better shooter given my skills.

Quick Reply: Need a little help to support bowtech....!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.