Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Missed out on great deal today >

Missed out on great deal today

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Missed out on great deal today

Old 02-23-2008, 12:17 PM

Default Missed out on great deal today

I was at the AZ gun show this morning, and a guy had a BEAUTIFUL set of elk (5 x 5)antlers for $30. I waited until we were leaving to grab them, and of course they were gone. I see they are worth quite a bit more than that, but I just wanted them to hang up.... [:@]
Old 02-23-2008, 12:18 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Missed out on great deal today

ORIGINAL: Steelhead31

I was at the AZ gun show this morning, and a guy had a BEAUTIFUL set of elk (5 x 5)antlers for $30. I waited until we were leaving to grab them, and of course they were gone. I see they are worth quite a bit more than that, but I just wanted them to hang up.... [:@]
I think I would have a problem hanging up someone elses antlers they killed. I have a pronghorn in my living room that a buddy gave me because his uncle died and had two shoulder mounts and he only needed one. But the more I think of it, I want to take it down.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

You could have sold those for alot more on ebay--those things go for near $100 plus shipping and alot of people buy them for arts and crafts supplies....
Old 02-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

i agree with bigcountry. I don't think i would want someone elses antlers in my house.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:43 PM

I completely agree with your stance on only hanging antlers you personally took, but I think I wouldn't have a problem hanging elk antlers since A) I will NEVER get drawn for elk and B) I will never pay $10 K to go on a guided hunt. I would never hang any deer mounts, etc. I didn't personally take.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can hear the story in the family room now...

"There I was at the gun show when all of a sudden there they were! I had nothing on me but my six trusty Lincolns so I slapped leather and dropped these tines right where they lay. The adrenaline was flowing so fast I could barely pack them out to the truck." "If only I had a camera with me..."

(Just jesting of course) I will have to admit that elk antlers are a thing of beauty and would have been tempted to pick them up myself to hang in one of the cabins when I'm done.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Typical Buck

For $30 that is a STEAL! Resell those babies or keep them for looks, either way you missed the boat!
Old 02-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

yea im not big on other's antlers either, though id prob buy em sell em, or use em as rattling antlers. or lay em near the fireplace til I have my own.....then sell em
Old 02-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys are nuts just because you hang them in your house doenst mean everyone will lie. if it looks good in a living room then go ahead its just decoration... Your own trophys are what you brag about and where your pride is... dont rag on someone for collecting antlers I do the same thing... No I have never bought any but every dead deer I find I keep the antlers etc etc its all trophysto me.

Quick Reply: Missed out on great deal today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.