Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question for gun owners.... >

Question for gun owners....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question for gun owners....

Old 02-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-23-2008, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Question for gun owners....

Snub is only good if you're trying to hide it.

The most important thing is to have a pistol that you are confident you can hit your target with.

The second most important thing is to have a caliber that begins with a four
Old 02-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm in AZ, and have heardtoo may stories about attacks from both animals and our friends who are visiting illegally from the south to head dozens of miles off the road without a hip-piece.
Bullhockey. I bet you can't find me 2 stories in the papers from the past year and none of them happened to hunters in AZ. LOL If you want a gun, buy it. The border crossers aren't out to kill you. LOL
Old 02-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

.357 mag or prefferably .44 mag Ruger Super Redhawk stainless steel with 10" barrel.
Dropped this 135lb. 8 pointer in his tracks
Old 02-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your down to choosing between the Rossi and Taurus, I'd get the Taurus. I can't believe you wouldn't be able to find a used S&W in good shape that would be in your range though.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:41 PM

9mm = deadly accurate = one shot, one kill + bigger capacity of rounds = more unfriendlies dead = you alive.

Also

.45 = dead animal at close range to knock the wind out of them.

Get both and choose your weapon wisely.

Happy hunting

P.S. Hopefully you are not a crazed gunman, we have too many of those these days. [:@]
Old 02-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

glock model 27 or 23. they are both .40cal. i carry a mod 27 as a back up weapon at work and it easily conceals on an ankle, belt or should holster. the 23 is slightly bigger but still smaller than the mod 22 which is the model that most police officers carry on duty. the gun is simple reliable and affordable.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:54 PM

In New York you can not carry a firearm in archery season. But I would get a .357.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:04 PM

Bullhockey. I bet you can't find me 2 stories in the papers from the past year and none of them happened to hunters in AZ. LOL If you want a gun, buy it. The border crossers aren't out to kill you. LOL
[/quote]

Oh believe me, I take everything I hear with a grain of salt, HOWEVER, almost everyone I've talked to that goes deep into the country like myself carries a sidearm. I personally hate guns, but like the old saying goes, "I'd rather have it and not it need it....."
Old 02-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not legal to carry here either, but if I ever change my mind about following rules I've got a 9mm Styer and a Ruger .357 I'd probably carry the 9mm, more rounds, more concealable. That .357 packs a punch tho, even if you miss, bet the sound of that cannon would make anyone on the wrong end of the barrel stain his shorts.

Quick Reply: Question for gun owners....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.