Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best Dropaway Rest and Why? >

Best Dropaway Rest and Why?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Dropaway Rest and Why?

Old 02-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best Dropaway Rest and Why?

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

just read about the limb driver, says it supports the arrow for 60-70% of the launch cycle time? Don't you want it to drop away instantly when released?

I'm considering the rip cord and now maybe the limb driver, are either of these loud? ie any noise? more than the bow?
salukipv1......The limb driver consists of holding the arrow on the rest long thus allowing it to improve your accuracy. The older dropaways when they first came out drop away right away and the limb driver has a faster dropaway than others since it isn't hooked on by cables but rather the upper limb.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought the entire idea of a dropaway was minimal contact so it shoots more accurately? I have a 2 prong style.....which would make even longer contact time....and doesn't touch the flecthing since it shoots through/between the 2 rails? I think I'd want like 2% contact time, not 75%?

or is that what you're saying? the limbdriver actually drops away sooner than other drop aways? I'm just surprised its faster and still has 60-70% contact time? i want like 5% idealy or something, maybe I'm going to have to develop one if this is the best these guys can do.

ORIGINAL: npockat32

just read about the limb driver, says it supports the arrow for 60-70% of the launch cycle time? Don't you want it to drop away instantly when released?

I'm considering the rip cord and now maybe the limb driver, are either of these loud? ie any noise? more than the bow?
salukipv1......The limb driver consists of holding the arrow on the rest long thus allowing it to improve your accuracy. The older dropaways when they first came out drop away right away and the limb driver has a faster dropaway than others since it isn't hooked on by cables but rather the upper limb.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Muzzy Zero Effect. It was the last drop away I shot and I loved it. Very easy to set up, quiet, and very durable. Greg/MO posted a great review of it that I am sure you could find by doing a search.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Imagine the Limbdriver, but with full containment likea QAD.

THAT would be the best dropaway rest IMO.

You'd have full containment, perfect clearance because it's tied to the limb, and no timing issues because nothing is connected to the cables.

If Limbdriver came out with a full containment option, it would be the perfect hunting dropaway rest.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think containment is hard to beat especially when you've had it i.e. whisker biscuit etc. so i would have to say the QAD probably has it all.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use a NAP 2 prong style, not full containment, I have no problems with it, I like the idea ofb eing able to turn it upside down etc....and now having it fall off, but as of now my arrow doesn't fall off, not sure why this is such a big problem for most guys?

Ill buy a limb driver and then they'll come out with a full containment, haha. hate buying something and a day later new and improved comes out.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

how does the limb driver work on parrallel limbs? no worries? drenalin? not sure I follow why limbs work better than the string would? both release at the same time?
Old 02-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

how does the limb driver work on parrallel limbs? no worries? drenalin? not sure I follow why limbs work better than the string would? both release at the same time?
I really don't think it's a matter of getting the rest to drop fast enough. Most cable driven dropaways can drop plenty fast enough to shoot even the fastest bows, IF they are set up right.

The biggest benefit for the Limb Driver, IMO, is that it cannot effect your cam timing. Putting tension on your cable can cause slight tuning issues, especially with Binary cams.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Trophy Taker and just started shooting the Rip Cord. I really like it so far...
Old 02-22-2008, 06:54 PM

QAD three years no problem, no fletching contact, holds the arrow in place until Mr. Big walks through.....

Quick Reply: Best Dropaway Rest and Why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.