Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you think is more challenging? >

What do you think is more challenging?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Bow Hunting DEER (Buck or Doe)
89.19%
Rifle Hunting DEER (Buck or Doe)
10.81%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

What do you think is more challenging?

Old 02-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you think is more challenging?

ORIGINAL: the kidd

bowhunting is by far harder...[not here to get anyone mad] but if any of yall have ever hunted in a high pressured area or a small amount of land..i promise you that you wont see a deer everyday...ive gone a year without bein able to shoot a deer with my gun when i was a youngin and now if i think back to my past sightings with my bow [[[[i havent shot a deer with my bow yet]]]] i know that i could have shot atleast four deer with a gun if i wanted to...but that of course is my whole reason to lay down the rifle and strictly bow hunt...for those of you that see deer occasionally have it alot easier...the challenge is why i bowhunt..
You said it well kidd!Bow hunting is a bigger challenge by far that is why there are less people that do it.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

Where I live I would say bowhunting is easier. You have access to them when they aren't undeer the GUN. A longer season, pattern them early in the season. Hasn't this been beaten to death here.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: bow huntert

ORIGINAL: the kidd

bowhunting is by far harder...[not here to get anyone mad] but if any of yall have ever hunted in a high pressured area or a small amount of land..i promise you that you wont see a deer everyday...ive gone a year without bein able to shoot a deer with my gun when i was a youngin and now if i think back to my past sightings with my bow [[[[i havent shot a deer with my bow yet]]]] i know that i could have shot atleast four deer with a gun if i wanted to...but that of course is my whole reason to lay down the rifle and strictly bow hunt...for those of you that see deer occasionally have it alot easier...the challenge is why i bowhunt..
You said it well kidd!Bow hunting is a bigger challenge by far that is why there are less people that do it.
Exactly
Old 02-20-2008, 07:57 PM

I went with gun hunting being harder, atleast for here in PA. You take a archer and give him some relaxed deer with very little pressure to hunt and it is rather easy to kill a deer. Put a rifle in your hand and hit the woods with the orange army on the last day of rifle season and you will see what "tough hunting" is!
Old 02-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

i picked bowhunting... but i think that rifle hunting is challenging as well......I've seen more deer bowhunting than rifle hunting... so bowhunting may be easier due to the fact that there is less hunting pressure
Old 02-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

No contest:

Bow Hunting DEER (Buck or Doe)
Old 02-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 02-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

I don't get it...really...I can't answer this question without laughing....

And yes, it is harder to kill one with a spear than a bow.
It is harder to kill one with a knive than a spear.
It is harder to kill one with your bare hands than with a knife.
It is harder to kill one with your feet than your hands.
It is harder to kill one with telepathy than your feet.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:08 PM

IT ALL JUST DEPENDS ON WHERE YOUR HUNTING BUT IF YOU HAVE SEVERAL HUNDRED OR THOUSAND ACRES IM PRETTY SURE WITH THE RIGHT MANAGEMENT YOU WILL HAVE GUN AND BOW EQUALLY AS EASY but theres always that true point ..gun =900 yds?-0 bow=60yds?-0

now that might not be the exact yardage that most yall shoot but there is a big difference in how far and accurate a gun is over a bow...and mostof the time a deer wont even kno your there one bit with a gun and they got a good chance to figure you out with a bow...although where your hunting can have a big impact........... 20 acres compared to 200 acres is a big difference
Old 02-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: What do you think is more challenging?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.