Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 boy some bow hunters just make me sick >

boy some bow hunters just make me sick

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

boy some bow hunters just make me sick

Old 02-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: boy some bow hunters just make me sick

ORIGINAL: HuntinGUS

The goal of not having gun season in the rut is not to protect young bucks, it's to protect mature ones.
Doesn't QDM want you to kill mature bucks? Shouldn't the goal be to protect the young bucks based on the the basics of QDM? I am not following you here.

It has nothing to do with QDM.
When you move the gun season out of the RUT, the state is trying to protect the best bucks.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

When you move the gun season out of the RUT, the state is trying to protect the best bucks.
Which contridicts QDM right? Protect the best bucks for what?
Old 02-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Which contridicts QDM right? Protect the best bucks for what?
Which contridicts QDM right?Yes and NO, I see your point, but the main goal of QDMA is age structure.

Protect the best bucks for what?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, IMO when we are talking about state DNR.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:59 PM

Gunners get to uses guns that can shoot a really long ways witch makes it easyier so why do they get a time of year when the deer are the dumbest. i dont dissagree with gun hunting but i dont think it needs to be during the rut. its just to easy. i gun hunt to but what im saying is that I shot a nice 8 point this year at 7 YARDS, Way to easy.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Which contridicts QDM right?Yes and NO, I see your point, but the main goal of QDMA is age structure.
Agreed,but like in this threadthere has not been a mention of mature does. Only Big bucks have been and are considered.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:04 PM

In WI, the season dates are set about right, they won't change anyway. I'd like to see antler restrictions across the board, and unlimited free antlerless hunting statewide. Earn a buck sucks: 1. It promotes the killing of buttons. 2. First thing that happens is a nice buck walks out and you can't shoot.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Agreed,but like in this threadthere has not been a mention of mature does. Only Big bucks have been and are considered.
Notice I wanted an early gun doe season for a reason[8D]

And when we start hammering 75% 1.5 does in MI I will take notice
Old 02-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Dominant Buck

think it's kinda funny how some people rationalize their stance by saying they don't want the gun season during the rut for reasons 1.2.3. The reason is never..........."so all the big bucks are not killed" Get real people. We all know the reason.Bowhunters wantmoremature deer to bowhunt. What's worse is somefeel like bowhunters deserve it more than gun hunters. I see the same principles practiced by the so-called QDMers.

FYI. for the past 5-6 years I have killed more deer and more bucks with my bow than with a gun. Gun season lasts 2 weeks and bow season lasts 2.5 months in WV. Gun season always starts the Monday prior to Thanksgiving. Usually at the tail end of the rut.
Crap, GUS.....what MORE reason do you need than we're killing more bucks than does in my state?
Old 02-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hunter Dan7

Gunners get to uses guns that can shoot a really long ways witch makes it easyier so why do they get a time of year when the deer are the dumbest. i dont dissagree with gun hunting but i dont think it needs to be during the rut. its just to easy. i gun hunt to but what im saying is that I shot a nice 8 point this year at 7 YARDS, Way to easy.
And 7 yards with a bow is a hard shot? I've bowhunted for 21 years, gun hunted 22 years and I still don't see the reason for the big divide. I enjoy both and will continue to use both. As far as gun season hunters killing more bucks, I've always thought it had alotto do with the fact everyone and their brother is in the woods....getting the deer moving.[&:]
Old 02-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

BBM if MI had your Regs I would be happy also

Quick Reply: boy some bow hunters just make me sick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.