Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 boy some bow hunters just make me sick >

boy some bow hunters just make me sick

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

boy some bow hunters just make me sick

Old 02-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: boy some bow hunters just make me sick

ORIGINAL: *JB*

This whole arguement reminds me of some things. It's like the short guy who wants the basketball goals raised. Hell if he can't dunk it, he doesn't want anybody to. Or the baseball player who wants the fences moved back. Hell if he can't hit one out, he doesn't want anyone else to. This is about the same thing. Hell if I can't shoot a big mature buck, I don't want anyone else to.

Fellows I am just glad I have an opportunity to hunt. I bow hunt and rifle hunt and I am glad that I enjoy both of them. I am glad for anyone who gets to get out and hunt. I don't care if they bow hunt 100 days a year or rifle hunt 2 days a year. If they are enjoying themself then why should I care. In this day and age, people want to worry so much about everyone else instead of worrying about themselves. As I see it, right now the biggest downfall of hunting. Is hunters against other hunters.
Excellent post *JB*, the way some guys complain makes one wonder if they can actually enjoy the hunt. [8D]
Old 02-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

No offense but..........are those who both bowhunt and gunhunt want longer gun seasons and want those included into the peak rut because they are inadequate with a bow at taking a nice buck? Its all about the antlers........sad.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:27 PM

You want my honest opinion? I say open bow, muzzleloader, rifle, crossbow, whatever method, from Sept. 1st - Dec. 31st. You could still have a limit. Say 4 does2bucks total, and only one with a rifle or muzzleloader.If you shoot your buck on Sept. 1st with a rifle, you are done for the year with your rifle. You could still kill one more buck with a bow or you could kill four does with your rifle. I don't care by what method they are taken. Restrictions on what people kill is going to be the best thing that can be done in my opinion. Antler restrictions is a start I believe.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

You want my honest opinion? I say open bow, muzzleloader, rifle, crossbow, whatever method, from Sept. 1st - Dec. 31st. You could still have a limit. Say 4 does 2bucks total, and only one with a rifle or muzzleloader. If you shoot your buck on Sept. 1st with a rifle, you are done for the year with your rifle. You could still kill one more buck with a bow or you could kill four does with your rifle. I don't care by what method they are taken. Restrictions on what people kill is going to be the best thing that can be done in my opinion. Antler restrictions is a start I believe.
Not me. Part of the reason I gave up gun hunting in deer season is because I don't want to be in the field with a few of the gun hunters for safety reasons. There are still many gun hunters who don't use a bow and gun hunt only. I might sound "elitist" to those who are fond of using this overdone phrase but in my opinion as a whole, bowhunters are safer hunters than gun hunters.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

And away we go

GunBow

Yes I agree the "elitist" phrase is getting old
Old 02-21-2008, 02:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

You want my honest opinion? I say open bow, muzzleloader, rifle, crossbow, whatever method, from Sept. 1st - Dec. 31st. You could still have a limit. Say 4 does 2bucks total, and only one with a rifle or muzzleloader. If you shoot your buck on Sept. 1st with a rifle, you are done for the year with your rifle. You could still kill one more buck with a bow or you could kill four does with your rifle. I don't care by what method they are taken. Restrictions on what people kill is going to be the best thing that can be done in my opinion. Antler restrictions is a start I believe.
Not me. Part of the reason I gave up gun hunting in deer season is because I don't want to be in the field with a few of the gun hunters for safety reasons. There are still many gun hunters who don't use a bow and gun hunt only. I might sound "elitist" to those who are fond of using this overdone phrase but in my opinion as a whole, bowhunters are safer hunters than gun hunters.
So, how many bow hunters were killed this year by rifle hunters. Or better yet, how many bow hunters fell out of their stand. I don't know the numbers, but there were probably more deaths or injuries from falls than from someone being shot.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

bowhunters are safer hunters than gun hunters.
Safer? There is a lot moreopportunity for hunter to hunter accidents with a gun. What is it about Gun hunters that make them unsafe, or is it that fact the a gun is inviolved?

This type of stuff just blows my mind.........
Old 02-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Germ
Yes I agree the "elitist" phrase is getting old

I don't.........

Old 02-21-2008, 02:44 PM

I think WV has there season spread out pretty good. Bow season usually hits the main part of the rut. Sometimes the bucks are still chasing during the first week of gun season. But there are ALOT more people in the woods during gun season so even if the big bucks arent chasing alot of them still get run around and shot, hell alot of bucks get shot period no matter what size they are. Id like to see WV change the bag limit and limit the number of bucks to one per weapon. As far as arguing between bow and gun hunters, we all better stick together and be happy were still allowed to hunt in the first place. If the states and government want the deer killed bad enough theywill find a means to do it without hunting. As far as big racks go, I manage all my lands for mature bucks, but alot of people dont have that option, but restricting what someone can kill will only piss people off. Deer hunting politics really gets alot of people stirred up, but you got to remember what you really enjoy about it. If its just horns your after take up shed hunting.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag
I might sound "elitist" to those who are fond of using this overdone phrase but in my opinion as a whole, bowhunters are safer hunters than gun hunters.
How do you come up with that, Coug? That sounds like an elitist statement to me ...

Quick Reply: boy some bow hunters just make me sick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.