Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 boy some bow hunters just make me sick >

boy some bow hunters just make me sick

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

boy some bow hunters just make me sick

Old 02-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: boy some bow hunters just make me sick

ORIGINAL: Hunter Dan7

Do you have to use a firearm tag if you kill a deer with a bow during the rifle season in MO
Thats affirmative. It's the firearms season. You can only hunt the firearms season with a firearms tag, but you can use any method you like.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

CharlieP
Yes PA still kills a lot of bucks,,,,but its a LOT fewer than we used to with the AR's. Move gun season up to the rut and you'd see an even higher number killed. It would be impossible for that not to happen. It's not the fault of the weapon or individual person, but in some states there are just a lot of hunters to manage, and balance harvest rates with populations. And all the while keep everyone happy.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Typical Buck

this post is ridiculous!
1. Why are you attacking bowhunters? They do not make the seasons up that is your DNR! And you are upset because your season isn't in prime time? A lot of gun seasonsARE in prime time and when you look at the numbers, an AMPLE amount of deer are killed in the firearms season. I dguess I just don't understand how you "hate" bowhunters over something they can't control.
2.You had two shots at deer and MISSED! You know what some bowhunters would do to get two shots!? I feel no sympathy for you, I am sorry. I wish that people would think before they post, this was a real burner for me, I appologise if I offend you, but COMMON! Are you serious!?
Old 02-21-2008, 10:47 AM

Well for all of you folks Kansas rut is during the bow and muzzle loader season. I get arifle seasonbuck tag every year for kansas and as well I also use a bow and its after the rut and I manage to see deer there. Killed two dec 2
Old 02-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

So is it the amount of bucks or trophyt bucks your worried about?
Old 02-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

If this question is to me I will answer
Both with a 30/70 split
30% cares about bucks 70% cares about big bucks, hey I am just being honest[8D]

When you have better buck mangement, one gets better bucks.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Both with a 30/70 split

So, do you do the Lee and Tiffany thing, "better bucks....healthier deer" with yourself
Old 02-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

ORIGINAL: Germ

Both with a 30/70 split

So, do you do the Lee and Tiffany thing, "better bucks....healthier deer" with yourself
LOL

No I tell it like it is, LOL
I am a memeber of QDMA, I think QDMA is an outstanding group. Where we bump heads is this:

Most members will tell you it's about healthier herd. Oh yes more "mature" deer, and for some it's true. I know a membre here in MI who has not shot a buck for 8 seasons. He shoots his does and has a blast. Most are just towing company line IMO.

I just come clean, without a doubt I practice QDM to give me more of a chance at a big old nasty buck, and I enjoy all the management stuff, but lets be honest. Take away big bucks opportunity QDM gives a person and see if they shove a pile of money in their land. We have put a pile of $ into ours, and I am currently starting a QDM CO-OP. A lot of time, a lot of head-aches and I am not doing it for balance herd first

If I had the power I would move the Gun season out of the Rut in MI. I would do so for the chance at a big mature buck I am sure some gun hunters would love to shorten Archery season for the same reason.

This is why Hunters are tools for managers, and not managers. Lets face it, we would suck at it on a state level[8D]
Old 02-21-2008, 01:01 PM

This whole arguement reminds me of some things. It's like the short guy who wants the basketball goals raised. Hell if he can't dunk it, he doesn't want anybody to. Or the baseball player who wants the fences moved back. Hell if he can't hit one out, he doesn't want anyone else to. This is about the same thing. Hell if I can't shoot a big mature buck, I don't want anyone else to.

Fellows I am just glad I have an opportunity to hunt. I bow hunt and rifle hunt and I am glad that I enjoy both of them. I am glad for anyone who gets to get out and hunt. I don't care if they bow hunt 100 days a year or rifle hunt 2 days a year. If they are enjoying themself then why should I care. In this day and age, people want to worry so much about everyone else instead of worrying about themselves. As I see it, right now the biggest downfall of hunting. Is hunters against other hunters.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't give me this gun hunters don't have any time to hunt crap. A hunter's a hunter, some guys bowhunt only 1 week out of the season etc....that may be the rut or not, some gun hunters only hunt that 1 week. I'm not for changing laws/seasons so a select group can get off easier, especially an excuse as lame as they don't have time to hunt but the few days during gun season. Unless you're saying gun seasons should be longer, so guys can use their guns more......but making it during the rut so they get a kill, doesn't make much sense to me, if you'd rather a 1month season after the rut, thats an idea, vs. a 3 day season near it....or in it. Also the longe ra season I feel the less pressure a particular day would be, like in NM, antelope is a 2 day season, period, done/over for rifle I believe, my cousin went on an outfitted hunt there and there were like 50guys in camp! haha.

Quick Reply: boy some bow hunters just make me sick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.