Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Oh I felt bad for the poor fella..... >

Oh I felt bad for the poor fella.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Oh I felt bad for the poor fella.....

Old 02-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Oh I felt bad for the poor fella.....

i would have been ticked
Old 02-20-2008, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 02-20-2008, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

My Dad had a mounted Great Horned Owl when we were little kids. (Don't ask, there were 2..1 became the property of PA and at one time was on displayat the Pittsburgh Zoo). I got a new Puppy...this little dog exacted revenge on the owl for all the indecencies bestowed on little creatures everywhere, and shredded that owl like a chew toy.

Dad still mentions it at least once a year.

(on Dads behalf he had no mentors or father..his dad died prior to him being born..he learned the outdoors the hard way..and then taught me the RIGHT way)
Old 02-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

Man, what a shame, dont bury the body around the house, someone is bound to come looking for him soon!
LMAOMan that must of sucked Id have gone ballistic on the guy!
Old 02-20-2008, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man that sucks Troy! So dont leave us hanging, what did you do?
Old 02-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is stretch the big 180+ one that's #3 or something like that in your state?

[:@]
Old 02-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

A few months ago around xmas time....the fam was all at my dad's house, me and the old man got to rough housing and one of us was pushed into the wall with the pheasant or fish on the wall, it fell, no damange really, but very funny.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, Sorry to get back so late to this post, this is first time today at school I had a chance to jump in here....

LMAO you guys are funny! and some of you have me almost pegged to a T in my reaction and response....

Heres how it played out....

SLOW MOTION .... " I watch the "stretch" buck (this years kill) do about 3 or 4 barrel rolls through the air as the Direct TV man ducks for his LIFE! He acted like a bear was attacking him!

Ever felt helpless....? thats how I felt as I stood there 10 feet away watching this buck take a nose dive for my concrete floor! I think my JAW hit the floorbefore the buck did... THEN That horrible sound of TINES Breaking and cracking on concrete as the mounted BOUNCED off the ground a few times like a fish out of water....before finally resting to a stop...

Immediately the Direct TV guy looks at me with a HUGE panic look on his face...and SAYS.. OH MAN I am so SORRY.... meaqwhile I am visually trying to locate all the pieces of antler scattered on my floor..... I dont say a word.. I grab the mount, pick it up and lay it on the couch.. checking the ears first and then the tines... I rest a pillow under its chin and prop it up.. Mr Direct TV man is apologizing and immediatley looks at me and says... I will pay for what ever it takes to fix it.. I am so... SORRY he says over and over...

I can see some serious stress on this poor guys face... So I look at him and say... "Oh man, this buck is gonna have to go see the doctor." I gather my thoughts and am feeling really bad for this guy..(He had only been in my basement for about 30 seconds before he busted this buck off the wall) I say,
Yeah this is probably gonna take some work..." Then I thank him for offereing to take care of it...

I can see he is so stressed and his body language tells me he wants to crawl in a hole and leave...

He still has a full install to do for me.. so I think about it for about 10 seconds and I say...

"Hey bud, it was an accident... I dont want you to be upset today and I dont want this to ruin your day... How about I take care of the bill and you credit me some labor or work here today." Hes an independant subcontractor so I figure he may be able too..

I tell him again.. I dont want this to ruin your day and I just want you to do a good job on the install... He seems relieved.. He says.." NO Problem man, I will credit you what ever the cost to fix that thing is.... HE offers labor/hours and several componets and his cost...

The rest of the day actuallyall went great as I made sure he knew I appreciated his honesty and willingness to pay for my mount and then the gentlemans agreement we had on trading work for repair ....

In the end, I made a new friend.. He pitched in 300.00 of upgrades, extra hours etc.. He even wrote it up in his bill and documented everything he gave me at cost and for the three extra hours he did for labor..as my wife and I had a difficult install ..which he came back and finished the next evening on his own time....... By the time he left, I dont think It ruined his day at all... He was a very hard worker and really set up our two HD tvs and the boys top notch..

Oh I used a crayon and super glue to get that buck almost back to perfect...

Stretch just has chipped tine TIPS... 2 to 3/8s at the max.. so he scores a little less now! LMAO.. its all good..

Old 02-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Banned

Should have buriedthe direct tv guyin your crawl space.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Oh man, Troy...

Lots of superglue, a little crying, and a cold beer?

[&:]
Troy, you can tell he's young,

Mine would read, a little superglue, a little crying and lots of beer!

Good luck brother.

Quick Reply: Oh I felt bad for the poor fella.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.