HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   shooting thru netting in ground blinds (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/233326-shooting-thru-netting-ground-blinds.html)

magicman54494 02-19-2008 10:51 AM

shooting thru netting in ground blinds

I bought a ground blind and was told by the salesperson that I can shoot thru the window netting without worry of loss of acuracy. What areyour thoughts? Has anyone tried it?

wallhangr 02-19-2008 10:53 AM

RE: shooting thru netting in ground blinds

I haven't tried it, I cut slits in several locations on each window to shoot thru instead.

125py 02-19-2008 11:27 AM

from what i have seen on "TV" you can shoot through them just fine.....i dont think they would sell that good if they effected accuracy much

lungbuster12point06 02-19-2008 11:31 AM

I have shot through them before and not had it affect the arrow flight at all ...........but it depends on the heads you're using, best advice is to try out your broadheads through the mesh on a target before trying on the real thing.

Good luck!

KansasBBD 02-19-2008 11:37 AM

i would say not to use expandables such as such as the rage. I wouldnt trust it to not open up. I just open the shoot thru mesh because i dont trust it haha

GeneRagulsky 02-19-2008 12:06 PM

Fixed blade head seem to fly fine. All the way to 50yds everything is the same for me. I have tried a NAP Spitfire and a Rage and both were not good.

Gundeck 02-19-2008 12:10 PM

No problem with Muzzys shooting through them.

GMMAT 02-19-2008 12:14 PM

Fixed blades, only.....no problems.

Hell I shot through my BLIND[&:]

Dubbya 02-19-2008 01:26 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Fixed blades, only.....no problems.

Hell I shot through my BLIND[&:]
I love the brutal honesty Jeff.

Shoot through mesh has zero (noticeable) effect on fixed blade heads out to at least 50 yards. I can't say beyond that but I did shoot a deer at 48 yards through the mesh.

As for mech heads, I'm not going to be the guy to tell to that it will work... but I've done it with a few different heads and it's worked for me to kill turkeys, pigs, armadillos... etc.

These heads include but are not limited to ;) :

Eastman ST-3 (which is a COC head)
Eastman Silvertip (or silverstrike)
and the Crimson Talon Cuda

Obviously all these heads have rubber bands that hold the blades in place and they aren't overly sensitive. All you can do is try it.